Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2" lift what is truly needed ???

Old 11-10-2016, 09:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They have a nice selection of kits thanks for the info. IM looking at one of the 2 1/2" lift kits if it's a little more that's fine I also have figure out what wheels &tires I'll need figure I'll be into it for close to 5 thou
Old 11-10-2016, 10:10 AM
Super Moderator

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by cidd
They have a nice selection of kits thanks for the info. IM looking at one of the 2 1/2" lift kits if it's a little more that's fine I also have figure out what wheels &tires I'll need figure I'll be into it for close to 5 thou
Have you decided on what size tire you want to go with? I would recommend 35's or smaller. You go to 37's and larger you're looking at additional mods, such as long arms, steering flips, and re-gearing axles.

For good on-road ride as well as off-road performance, this is a list of some of the top hybrid options.

BFG A/T KO2's
Toyo RT's
Nitto Ridge Grapplers
Goodyear Duratracs
Cooper STT Pros

I went with BFG A/T KO2 35's (315/70/R17) and a Mopar 2in lift. I haven't taken them off-road yet, but they ride great and are quiet on-road.
Old 11-10-2016, 10:24 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cidd
Here to help and advertise. This is the latter. Give us a call and we would be glad to get you set up with an entire package. Discuss options and budget etc. to get you where you want/need to be.
Old 11-10-2016, 12:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Couple of kits that will give a smooth ride onroad/offroad will be OME 2" light duty lift with OME shocks or the Synergy 2" lift starter kit with Fox shocks (shocks sold separately). from there you can add as needed.
Needed will depend on what you want out of the ride/lift. some people will say you need a front TB, some others will say you don't , some people say you'll need a way to correct caster, some others might say is not needed it, i wanted/needed more parts to make my lift complete, and have added them as i see them fit. OME is a tad more expensive than most starters kit, but it's my opinion the quality of the shocks and springs is worth their price.

Have fun.
Old 11-10-2016, 06:06 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My story... Perhaps it might help you

I bought a 2016 wrangler. My jeep is a mall hound, it might get off road every now and again but it is likely to never go "wheeling". I put steel sliders as well as steel bumpers on front and back. The rear bumper was with the tailgate swing out. The bumpers/sliders are heavy, the stock setup was riding much lower with the added weight of the steel accessories. I decided to get a lift to bring the height back up to at least stock (and maybe a bit more). I know I will never go bigger than 33" tires. I went with a Teraflex 2.5" coil lift with Fox 2.0 performance shocks, Teraflex adjustable front control arms, and a Teraflex adjustable front track bar and spyder wheel spacers. After my shop got it all installed:

1. The ride height is very nice, gained 2" all around (even with the added bumper/slider weight)
2. The coil lift leveled the front end removing the stock rake
3. The handling has improved dramatically, cornering is tight and the ride is tight (definitely feels much tighter than stock). Body roll on cornering has been Virtually eliminated
4. Nose dive on hard breaking and squatting on acceleration has been dramatically reduced
5. I do not experience any "wandering" vibration or wobble
6. The ride quality and steering are superb (to me), however the fox shocks are more of a stiff ride as compared to stock, I have lowered my tire pressure 2psi to compensate.
7. Steering feel has improved dramatically.
8. I think it looks great!

i am considering a Teraflex adjustable rear track bar but my shop says that would just be a waste of money.

All in all I am extremely happy with this setup. I made my decision regarding the size of the lift after research and reading threads on this forum. I made the decision on the adjustable lower control arms (front) and the adjustable front track bar on the advice of my shop. I made my decision on going Teraflex after researching reviews, watching install videos on YouTube as well as the recommendation of my local shop.

Hope this his helps you somehow.

Last edited by Atoche; 11-10-2016 at 06:11 PM.
Old 11-13-2016, 06:50 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rednroll
Have you decided on what size tire you want to go with? I would recommend 35's or smaller. You go to 37's and larger you're looking at additional mods, such as long arms, steering flips, and re-gearing axles. For good on-road ride as well as off-road performance, this is a list of some of the top hybrid options. BFG A/T KO2's Toyo RT's Nitto Ridge Grapplers Goodyear Duratracs Cooper STT Pros I went with BFG A/T KO2 35's (315/70/R17) and a Mopar 2in lift. I haven't taken them off-road yet, but they ride great and are quiet on-road.
What specs do have on your jk? 2in lift? Spring and shocks?
Old 11-13-2016, 09:10 AM
Super Moderator

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by j2ryde
What specs do have on your jk? 2in lift? Spring and shocks?
I have the current Mopar 2in lift installed. Installed it by myself.
- AEV front bumper with AEV skid plate, winch plate and 12K winch installed. With the extra weight in the front I'm at 2 1/2" lift in the front, 2 3/4" in the rear over stock. Front was originally at 3 1/4" with stock bumper and no winch.
- The Mopar lift include springs, Fox shocks, rear TB bracket, Front/rear bump stops and rear sway bar links and cam bolts for front caster correction. The OEM rear sway bar links are supposed to be moved to the front but I replaced those with the Mopar Quick Disco sway bar links instead.
- I added the Teraflex HD front adjustable track bar to the kit.
- I didn't use the CAM bolts for caster correction but used Adjustable flex joint LCA's instead.
- Tires are BFG A/T KO2's 315/70/R17
- Ruff Stuff HD tie rod
- Synergy HD drag link.

Quick Reply: 2" lift what is truly needed ???