Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2" Mopar on 14' Rubi X...

Old 12-09-2013, 08:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2" Mopar on 14' Rubi X...

Long story short....Got the Dealer to Honor Factory Warranty with Install. I saw no reason to donate any more $$ to upgrade shocks from them. It came with the Epic white twin tubes that have somehow left my kidney's, spleen and left man berry somewhere on I-5 heading south! I have yet to mount up the 35" Toyo OC on 17" Fuel Trophy's. I want to wait and see the ride quality after the Wheel/Tire combo is installed. It currently covers asphalt on its stock BFG KM's with a lowered pressure of 32 psi at each corner. It calmed down the Bewb popping outa the wife's bra a bit.... I have a terrible feeling that Bilstein 5100's or Fox 2.0 monotube's wont fix the overly firm ride. I am throwing a quarter into the wishing well praying that its not the coils.....Anybody have any insight into this set-up?

PS. I know....My heart was telling me to go with another Mfg. for the lift. But was willing to give a little to keep factory warranty and upgrade the shocks later rather than donate to the dealers Christmas fund. Will go to flat fenders by spring as well.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:32 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pictures please!
Old 12-10-2013, 09:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Here is "Rough Rider"....

Old 12-10-2013, 10:07 AM
JK Freak

Looks good. Its a jeep dude, ride should be firm. If it's absurdly firm then that's something else. Is it much firmer than stock?
Old 12-10-2013, 10:24 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

I think he meant he wanted a picture of your wife's boob popping out.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Book popping is good. That said I think you are going to like it less with the stiffer side walls of the 35's. Be sure to lower the pressure. I think you are going to be a great candidate for a set of adjustable shocks like the Rancho 9000's. That way you can dial it in to a comfortable level to you.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jadmt
I think he meant he wanted a picture of your wife's boob popping out.
I'll see if I can get a shot of her Breasticles coming out for fresh air on our next trail ride for ya...

It is definitely firmer than stock. After the Wheel and tire install. I will see what I can do to find that perfect balance of Road manners and trailability with a decent set of shocks.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:15 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TxJeepers
Book popping is good. That said I think you are going to like it less with the stiffer side walls of the 35's. Be sure to lower the pressure. I think you are going to be a great candidate for a set of adjustable shocks like the Rancho 9000's. That way you can dial it in to a comfortable level to you.
Rancho 9000 and OME are both known to be on the softer side. You're likely to be happier either way.

My experience with Bilstein was not good. The 5100's were way too stiff. From what I've read, Fox aren't dissimilar.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
Rancho 9000 and OME are both known to be on the softer side. You're likely to be happier either way.

My experience with Bilstein was not good. The 5100's were way too stiff. From what I've read, Fox aren't dissimilar.
Thank you!
Old 12-10-2013, 07:03 PM
JK Jedi

Probably your springs. You can always use your Rubi shocks and get some shock extensions from Teraflex. If your current shocks are the issue you'll know right away.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Quick Reply: 2" Mopar on 14' Rubi X...