Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 Jeep wrangler dash removal

Old 03-19-2019, 09:07 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Jeep wrangler dash removal

I want to take a majority of the dash panels off my 2008 jeep wrangler unlimited x and also the center console to roll them with bedliner. I have looked online at YouTube etc. There is just really nothing that shows the earlier models. Its all the newer stuff. So any help and pictures would be greatly appreciated. Thanks..
Old 03-20-2019, 03:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

It's been a while since I've had mine apart, but most of the outer dash is held in place with clips and just pops out. Outer dash meaning the area around the a/c controls and radio. There are some screws that hold them together, but it's nothing tricky getting them out and back in. The only thing that could throw a wrench in your plan would be the passenger side airbag, and you don't want to bedline that area anyway.
Old 03-20-2019, 05:49 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did my dash recently. Most is held in by clips but actual dahs is mounted with about 20 small 7mm bolts. I used a drill and it was a zip removing them.

Quick Reply: 2008 Jeep wrangler dash removal