Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 JK Radiator Cooling Fan Issue

Old 03-23-2018, 12:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 JK Radiator Cooling Fan Issue

Hello - So the cooling fan on my jeep runs as long as the air conditioning is turned on otherwise when AC is off it does not come on at all thus when at a stop steam is coming up off the radiator and can smell coolant. Once the engine is stopped the fan never comes on. The temp gauge never reads higher than the middle of the gauge. Curious if the resistor could be bad on the fan wiring harness and how to determine. Is one of the terminals in the harness high speed and the other low speed? In other words if I put 12 v to either terminal presuming one is low speed and the other high speed should the fan come on.

I saw another post and I unplugged the wire on the AC compressor on the small line. This post stated when unplugged the fan should come on in high speed. It did not however the moment I plugged the wire back in the fan came on.

The only items I have not checked are the High Speed Fan Relay and The resistor on the fan harness.

Thank You

Quick Reply: 2008 JK Radiator Cooling Fan Issue