Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 JKU Rubicon Locker Bypass

Old 01-23-2012, 09:57 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 JKU Rubicon Locker Bypass

Hi guys,

I'm sure this question has been asked, and I'm sure there are quite detailed threads on how to do this. Can someone please post the link for the Rubicon locker bypass switch so I can run my front and rear lockers in 4H?

Thanks!
Old 01-23-2012, 12:43 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Peacemaker
Hi guys,

I'm sure this question has been asked, and I'm sure there are quite detailed threads on how to do this. Can someone please post the link for the Rubicon locker bypass switch so I can run my front and rear lockers in 4H?

Thanks!
Bump...please?
Old 01-23-2012, 07:12 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Peacemaker
Bump...please?
I'm kinda shocked! No one knows how to do this?
Old 01-23-2012, 07:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Use the search tab and type Rubicon Locker Bypass.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

I know with the SC programer you can. But I wounder if one couldn't just rewire them for 12v and their own switches. That way you can have them when ever you wish.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DownhomeMoto
I know with the SC programer you can. But I wounder if one couldn't just rewire them for 12v and their own switches. That way you can have them when ever you wish.
I read somewhere about doing this. It just involves wiring in a jumper to a switch but I don't remember all the exact specifics. If I remember it took less than an hour. I'll look for it and try to post a link.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:49 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jesse0920
I read somewhere about doing this. It just involves wiring in a jumper to a switch but I don't remember all the exact specifics. If I remember it took less than an hour. I'll look for it and try to post a link.
Yea I read that too... Something about grounding the purple wire on the solenoid. Its a really detailed write up but not sure were it is, i read it early December if that helps.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:13 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks guys...I did try a search but what came back was not really comprehensive. I wish someone would do a write up on this. Any of the programmers can do this, but you have to have the programmer plugged in and hold the button down to make it work. They don't tell you that when you read about the programmer. Not really useful like that. I want to have two 12v switches, one for the front and one for the rear that I can use in 4H or 4L. I'm sure it can be done, but I'm the kind of guy that needs those detailed step-by-step instructions.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:18 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

There is a write-up with good detail.

The mod is simply running a wire from the locker relay ground through a switch in the cab.
It will lock any time you throw the switch, but the light will keep blinking. Normal operation is preserved.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:21 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ronjenx
There is a write-up with good detail.

The mod is simply running a wire from the locker relay ground through a switch in the cab.
It will lock any time you throw the switch, but the light will keep blinking. Normal operation is preserved.
Hmmm...gonna have to try this next time. Was gonna get a SC for this feature but didnt want to spend 300 plus bucks just for that feature

Quick Reply: 2011 JKU Rubicon Locker Bypass