Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 JKURL gearcharts dont match my info

Old 09-11-2017, 06:08 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AZTRAILBOSS
Yep, believe it or not I have been driving it like that for 3 yrs. No issues and the speedo was within 2 mph. It drove fine other than feeling doggy up hills and windy. I have noticed that it wants to stay in 3rd longer and I have to let off for it to shift to 4th. I was thinking of disconnecting the battery cable to clear the memory for the shift patterns
speedo was only off by 2mph!?! At what speed?

Northridge 4x4
Old 09-12-2017, 01:13 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Wrangeler X
speedo was only off by 2mph!?! At what speed?
He mentioned that it was already calibrated for the tire size.

For my 3.8 auto, changing the tire size makes a noticeable difference to the shift points and speedo. But can't say that I noticed any difference at all when plugging in a new gear ratio. 3.73, 5.13, 5.38, all felt the same to me.
Old 09-12-2017, 05:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With the 3.8 and 4spd auto it does not go into limp mod if you don't reprogram for the different gear set.. so you can actually just adjust the tire size until the speedometer matches rather then reprogram the gear ratio.

5.38 is a very popular ratio with the D44/3.8 auto group. I also run 5.38 gears, it's a non issue as they are the thickncut gears in the new gen or JK D44 who's is also a bigger ring gear then past D44s.

Quick Reply: 2011 JKURL gearcharts dont match my info