Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 exhaust!!

Old 08-28-2012, 07:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone have any thoughts about the rugged ridge dual exhaust?
Old 08-28-2012, 08:59 PM
JK Newbie

Dynomax

is your Evolution Competion system Cali legal? Smog,
Old 09-13-2012, 11:25 AM
JK Newbie

Default Dynomax

But what do you have that sounds the same for a 2012 jk 2 door? would like to hear sound clip of waht you have for the 2 door?
Old 10-15-2012, 09:10 AM
JK Newbie

Anyone have any feed back on Gibson metal mulisha black ceramic 5" dual exhaust? Or better recommendations.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:16 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LOST-JKUR12
Dynomax

is your Evolution Competion system Cali legal? Smog,
We mark it "for off use only" because we aren't able to go over all the various regulations across the country. Some states require an exhaust that dumps out in the back, other states are very laid back. I do know that there are a lot of people who run this system in CA. Keep your stock system.

Originally Posted by Jeffwh
But what do you have that sounds the same for a 2012 jk 2 door? would like to hear sound clip of waht you have for the 2 door?
This system will work with a 2 door but will require a little cutting... and sound similar.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dynomax

We mark it "for off use only" because we aren't able to go over all the various regulations across the country. Some states require an exhaust that dumps out in the back, other states are very laid back. I do know that there are a lot of people who run this system in CA. Keep your stock system.

This system will work with a 2 door but will require a little cutting... and sound similar.
I have it on my 12' 2 Dr took me about 1-2 hrs to make it fit and work a garage with tools but I'm very meticulous too but it was worth my time in the end
Old 10-15-2012, 11:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

i would love to run a dynomax exhaust on my 12, but dont have the funds right now. So i run with out a muffler for now.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:00 PM
JK Newbie

I just bought the muffler from the Dynomax Rock Krawler kit and had an exhaust shop weld it in. I paid about $170 for everything - including the labor. I just dumped it right before the rear axle. Love the sound and look of no tailpipe. I am not a fan of a shiny exhaust tip on a Jeep.
Old 11-03-2012, 03:50 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Dynomax
What about this as an option as well?

http://youtu.be/QPe0O9TPfj4 I always suggest, buy ours (and keep your stock exhaust) if you aren't happy in the first 90 days call us for a refund.
Made in the USA
Stainless Steel Construction
Good luck in your search.

Dynomax® Performance Exhaust | Warranty / Safe & Sound Guarantee
I'm looking for a dual outlet application for my 2013 and have been looking into the VT (not sure if the VT has a dual outlet so that may answer my question) and Ultra Flo models. I was hoping to get your opinion on both; I'm looking for a more aggresive note without a lot of interior drone. I have read from several sources that the VT does and outstanding job of cutting drone, but I have also heard that compared to stock the note is not much louder.
I'll be picking up my new toy in Denver late this month as soon as I get back from Afghanistan. Slapping some exhaust on it will be one of the first things I do! Thanks for the help in advance!

Last edited by WhoDey13; 11-03-2012 at 08:09 AM.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been looking at the Dynomax 39510 (part 53804 without the tips)... Its a dual outlet setup, easy bolt on... From what i've read, anyone that has had drone problems has removed the stock resonator to solve... http://www.dynomax.com/exhaust_detai...-3.8l-v6-39510

And its really inexpensive place to start...

Quick Reply: 2012 exhaust!!