Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 exhaust!!

Old 11-06-2012, 08:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Speaking from experience, you can net similar sound gains with larger HP gains by swapping out the restrictive factory exhaust manifolds with a set of free flowing headers. Does anyone make these for the 2012/2013 JK? I would opt for this route first and later, if you want more sound and get more power from what you will net with the cat back with out headers, add the cat back at that time. Free flowing cats are also a good idea. Intake would be a very good choice to pair with any exhaust upgrade. Helps with the sound folks are after and gain in your butt dyno.

I would look at Banks, from my initial research and having run banks players limited racing exhausts on my old F-body I have no complaints. Banks also offers a power kit that includes intake and exhaust. Gibson is up there too from what I can see.

No offense to Dynomax or Flowmaster or any of those players but I dont see the dedication or detail specifics in their offers that most Jeepers are looking for. What I mean by this is from what I can tell, Gibson and Banks tune their product for the 3.6 where the other offerings seem to take an existing muffler and just add specific piping to the model to complete the job. I could be wrong, I am not that deep into my JK exhaust research but on the surface, this seems to be a possibility.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

HP gains and MPG gains will be small with a cat back system. I believe the cat back systems you buy online are way over priced. this is the route i am going once the summer hits and i start working more.

1) take off stock muffler(they will charge you less if they don't have to remove the stock one)
2) determine how loud you want your jeep to be (go on youtube and just listen to different mufflers)
3) go to muffler shop tell them what you want (for example i want the loudest thing you guys have)
4) the muffler shop well tell you the best choice (they will say something along the lines of glasspack or straight pipe)
5) pay the shop less then 150 bucks (thats how much they quoted me)
6) sit back and drink beer because you can't touch an jk exhaust for 150 bucks shipped.

Quick Reply: 2012 exhaust!!