Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Willys, The true cost to go 37" with trail/Rock use?

Old 03-22-2017, 06:34 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tfishmrt
So my question is going from 35's to 37's. Is the main concern the tire weight and then rotational weight change? My reason for asking is I'm about ready to need new meats, currently running Nitto Trail Grapplers in 35x17 and these weigh in around 80lbs, according to their website. New 37's from BFG or Goodyear weigh in around 75lbs, so actually less than my current 35's. Anything I'm missing in the details? Riding in a Metalcloak lifted '13 JKUR manual with upgraded ball joints and Yeti steering goodies and most of the items needed to play in the rocks and still drive home.
To me, it sounds like you've already decided!

Buy em, post pics!
Old 03-22-2017, 07:01 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

The tire dimensions are the real killer not necessary the weight of the tire. You will also have tire clearance issues while turning and need about 1" less in the wheel back spacing for 37's vs 35's

Quick Reply: 2014 Willys, The true cost to go 37" with trail/Rock use?