Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon hard rock 2.5inch spacer lift

Old 09-02-2016, 09:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon hard rock 2.5inch spacer lift

I have the jeep hard rock with the steel bumpers and plan to buy a winch for the front. I just bought 2 1/2 inch TeraFlex spacer for the front and 1 inch spacer for the rear will this put me at a level ride height with the winch installed. Also what are good swaybar links to use. I did not buy these in the kit I bought them individually. Any advice or things that I should buy to go along with this.
Old 09-02-2016, 10:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think you'll end up being high in the front. I bought a new bumper and winch, it really dropped the front end low, I added 1" pucks to the front and it is back at stock height. So I think I would need what you have to get a total of 1" lift and be level. You already have the bumper, the winch shouldn't make the front drop that much, maybe 1/2" which would put you an inch high in the front. I'm in no way an expert, it may work out perfectly. I'm sure someone else will provide some feedback.
Old 09-02-2016, 06:11 PM
JK Newbie

The teraflex leveling kit normally comes with a 2" spacer front and 1 in rear. I just went with the 2.5 up front beacuse of the winch I plan to install. I want about a 1" lift or more total all the way around, just want it level also. Did not wanna go with just normal leveling kit tho because thought if I through the winch on and drop down more and need another spacer that would suck. So trying to do the work once. But hear that I should just get 2 stock rear sway bar links to put in the front to keep sway bars and a good hight.
Old 09-10-2016, 06:18 AM
JK Newbie

I'm interested to see how this turns out. Every 2"/1" leveling kit I've seen still leaves the jeep with rake with an off-road bumper/skid plate/winch set up. I just got a new Rubi 6 months back and once I installed the front bumper/plate the rake increased a tiny bit. I agree that a heavy duty winch will just add to that and it seems like the 1" difference won't be adequate. Please post pictures of the 2.5"/1" set up when you do it. I may go this route as well.
Old 09-10-2016, 05:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would like to see the end result as well, I'm wanting a 2" lift and with my current setup (1" pucks in front) I think I would need 3 1/2" in front and 2" in back, that should give me a level 2" lift all the way around. I'm not sure about the sway bar ends, I need to get that figured out as well.
Old 09-11-2016, 07:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

The configurations available are the root cause of all the problems. Until they put auto level on a jk you just have to live with it. I ran tf budget boost and ended up putting 1/4 inch in the front after the bumper install. Then you take the doors off and the back end comes up a bit , then the top , or switch to soft top then you need another 1/2 inch. So .....

Sent using smoke signals
Old 09-14-2016, 10:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Teraflex levelling kit

Here is a pic of my hard rock with the Teraflex levelling kit, I still have a rake no winch added but ,it is less noticeable especially when the top is down.
I will be adding another .5 inch in the front until I put on a coil lift.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1356.JPG
Views:	195
Size:	2.28 MB
ID:	656816
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1942.JPG
Views:	137
Size:	2.76 MB
ID:	656817  

Quick Reply: 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon hard rock 2.5inch spacer lift