Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 JKU Lifted w 3.21 gears

Old 12-17-2016, 08:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by metaldemon
Sir what I mean is all of the electronic issues I have had since new. I do use it as a Jeep. It has stuttered for a long time. Stuff turns on by itself, like the wipers. Runs really bad till I turn it off and back on, then it is OK. It will never do anything at the stealership. I have had far less issues with my two XJs.
This has nothing to do with it being a base JK. What do you think is different on the Sahar or Rubicon as far as electronics go?
Old 12-17-2016, 08:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK
But If 40's are you goal I would Suggest 4.88.
I wouldn't run 4.88's with 40's. That be difficult. Your better off with 5.13's or 5.38's

Originally Posted by Jfk70
Besides the gear change I also want to get adjustable control arms on the lift instead of the ones that came with the rough country 3.5. Could use a little camber adjustment. Still a little flighty at 80 miles an hour. Maybe I'm just getting use to the lift vs factor height on pizza cutters.
Fixing your castor with adjustable control arms will make a huge difference. I would recommend ones with double adjuster sleeves. They are a lot easier to adjust. Synergy makes some like this and I think a few others do too.

I could def tell a difference when the drop pitman arm was added. Without it driving the highway was quite sporting to say the least.
The dropped pitman arm does help a lot but I would highly recommend changing it out and getting a high steer setup eventually. The reason why is because a dropped pitman arm puts more stress onto the sector shaft. So does turning the wheel with big tires, especially 40's. So if you could eliminate atleast one of the stresses you should.
Old 12-17-2016, 10:30 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear you have had bad luck with your JK. Sounds like you got a lemon.. most of us on here have had little electrical problems. I can see the XJ being more simple when it comes to electronics. It sucks that you got a Jeep with electronic gremlins.
Old 12-18-2016, 06:55 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How will the gears do when I am in the phase where I only have 37s on it. Those will be the next set. Hopefully not until I put 50k on the 35s I have.
My time line
35s now with only 8k current miles on Odom
Upgrade gears asap
Upgrade to 37s when 35s wear out. Hopefully at 50k mile point
Upgrade to 40s when I have about 100k on it. About 7-8 year down the line.
Old 12-18-2016, 06:56 AM
JK Newbie

The double adjuster sleeves? Is that an adjustment on each end of the Arm instead of just one side?
Old 12-18-2016, 06:58 AM
JK Newbie

Whoever wins that Currie package they are giving away is gonna be one lucky SoB. Definitely would be the most luck I've ever had. I'm right at the point where I could use it
Old 12-18-2016, 08:05 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by metaldemon
Sir what I mean is all of the electronic issues I have had since new. I do use it as a Jeep. It has stuttered for a long time. Stuff turns on by itself, like the wipers. Runs really bad till I turn it off and back on, then it is OK. It will never do anything at the stealership. I have had far less issues with my two XJs.
I have a 2012 JKU Sahara that started having electrical problem with the wipers coming on and radio shutting off momentarily after hitting a bump, it turned out to be the aftermaket radio interface adapter. I bought a new one and has been great since. Also, I bought a stand alone fuse/relay box like the Spod and removed all the accessories except for my winch from my battery to it. I have several lighting and audio accessories. Other than the interface adapter I've not experienced any other electrical problem. I did start having a problem with the traction control coming on and putting my Jeep in limp mode, but that turned out to be the cam position sensor. Never would have thought that would have to do with the traction control. I also added new grounds to the battery and tied the frame, engine, and tub back to the battery with 1/0 welding cable. I did it the same time as the fuse box.
Old 12-18-2016, 08:09 PM
JK Newbie

Whoever wins that Currie package they are giving away is gonna be one lucky SoB. Definitely would be the most luck I've ever had. I'm right at the point where I could use it
Yeah, I know the feeling, especially since I broke my 30 in half after a small crash!

Quick Reply: 2016 JKU Lifted w 3.21 gears