Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AEV Procal VIN release problem??

Old 10-11-2017, 03:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEV Procal VIN release problem??

Hi gang, long story short, Im selling my AEV procal. Last night i reset the VIN as i've done in the past with no problem. This morning I went to start the jeep and even before turning the engine on the speedometer showed 10km/0 with the rpm at 0. Once Started the jeep the RPMs went up to where they should be for a jeep in park and the speedometer still reading 10km/h. As soon as i gave it gas the speedometer went all the way to 200km/h and the jeep seemed to go into limp mode but with no warning lights on the dash. Turned off the jeep, tried resetting with the procal 2 more times with the same outcome. Getting back home from school i unplugged the battery and tried the VIN RELEASE again but the probelm continued. I have been using the same procal for 4 years and never had a problem. AEV tech support was gone for the evening when i called. Has anyone had similar issues and managed to fix it??
Thanks
Anthony
Old 10-11-2017, 03:31 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

is the horn honking 3 times when you do the reset?
Old 10-11-2017, 03:33 PM
JK Jedi

If it honks 3 X's then I would try and reprogram your tire size back in and see if it honks 2X and see if that fixes things and if it does do the restore setting again.
Old 10-11-2017, 03:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

When i do the vin release the jeep honks 3xs but the speedo still stays at 10km/h even though the engine is off and in park. It stays the same when i turn the engine on and leave it in park or drive. I tried setting the tires back to 32 inch, speedo went to 0 like normal when i drive it however, i can tell the the speedometer is not accelerating as fast as my speed is. When i tried again to reset the vin release the same problem occurred. I have the stock size bfg at ko2s, they run half an inch more taller then the duelers but that should not be causing a problem

Last edited by antonioso; 10-11-2017 at 04:15 PM.
Old 10-11-2017, 04:22 PM
JK Jedi

If it were me I would again program for the 32" tires and then I would disconnect the battery cables and hold the pos and neg cables together for a minute and then I would try the restore feature again. Seems odd that it will program normally for tire size but not work properly on the restore. some glitch in the ecm. If that does not work hopefully AEV will have someone to help in the morning. let us know.
Old 10-11-2017, 04:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jadmt
If it were me I would again program for the 32" tires and then I would disconnect the battery cables and hold the pos and neg cables together for a minute and then I would try the restore feature again. Seems odd that it will program normally for tire size but not work properly on the restore. some glitch in the ecm. If that does not work hopefully AEV will have someone to help in the morning. let us know.
Thanks, I'll give it a try in the morning. Hopefully AEV can get back to me in time for a quick, permanent and no cost fix. I'm hoping its just a glitch so that I can still sell the procal and at the same time not be forced to take the jeep to the dealer and pay a ridiculous price to have the jeep looked at and re-programed.
Old 10-12-2017, 12:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Seems there was a glitch between the jeep and procal when doing the vin release. Took it to the dealer, and using their computer they changed the tire size to the stock 255/70/18r and that solved the problem. The AEV techs that i was able to speak with tried but couldnt do much and the main tech for the procal was unreachable for almost two days...

Quick Reply: AEV Procal VIN release problem??