Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question on engine swap..

Old 08-14-2017, 12:33 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Question on engine swap..

Does anyone know if a 2009 Lnad Rover Lr3 engine would work with a 2009 JKU. All i really know about the Lr3 engine is that its a 4.4L v8 (Jaguar AJ41 V8). Let me know what you think and if its possible. Thanks!

Last edited by blackhawkspkane; 08-14-2017 at 12:38 PM.
Old 08-14-2017, 04:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I can understand wanting to get away from the anemic 3.8 boat anchor, but to jump to something British and notoriously unreliable? Why?

If you're looking to be different, that might take the cake. I can't imagine there are any kind of swaps out there for that platform, so you'd have to figure out all of the electronics to get it all to speak, and that's going to be a time consuming nightmare.

Even if the engine package was free, you'll go broke and spend the rest of your life trying to get it to work. Mounts, adapters, all the accessories, and on and on.
Old 08-14-2017, 04:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anything is possible given enough money, motivation, and time, but not a good idea.

Think of it this way - I did a 4.0L swap (from a cherokee) into my YJ which came with a 2.5. The 4.0L came in the YJ, so it should have been an easy swap, right? Not at all. Cut and weld motor mounts, change out pedal assembly, wiring nightmare, gauges didn't all work, change out fan, new radiator that would fit, new drive shafts, transfer case drop, blah blah blah.

If you must, I'd suggest a carbed 350 and matching transmission. You'll still have to get new driveshafts and such but it would be much more worthwhile and far less headache.

Quick Reply: Question on engine swap..