Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3.6 Ripp and Sprintex User Reviews

Old 09-18-2018, 07:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 3.6 Ripp and Sprintex User Reviews

I have a Ripp on my 3.8 and I just picked up a 12 JKUR. Once I sell the 07 I would like to go to FI on the 3.6, but I am concerned about overall drivability. Namely fuel economy out of boost, cruise control functioning properly and surging at any point in the rpm band at any throttle percentage. It wont be a daily driver, but I would like trips to Rubicon and Moab to be comfortable and easy.

I am hoping to hear some feedback from long-term owners of these systems preferably with automatics but I’d love to hear your review if you have a manual as well. Please include your gearing as well as tire size, I’ll be running 4.88 on 37’s.
Old 09-25-2018, 08:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ajkaz
I have a Ripp on my 3.8 and I just picked up a 12 JKUR. Once I sell the 07 I would like to go to FI on the 3.6, but I am concerned about overall drivability. Namely fuel economy out of boost, cruise control functioning properly and surging at any point in the rpm band at any throttle percentage. It wont be a daily driver, but I would like trips to Rubicon and Moab to be comfortable and easy.

I am hoping to hear some feedback from long-term owners of these systems preferably with automatics but I’d love to hear your review if you have a manual as well. Please include your gearing as well as tire size, I’ll be running 4.88 on 37’s.

I have a stage 2 Sprintex on my 2014 Willys with an automatic trans. I haven't had any issues with it in the 10,000 or so miles I have put on it. I installed it in my garage with a buddy over two days and have been really impressed with it. I'm currently on 33's and Rubicon axles with 4:10's. I'll be stepping up to 35's when the 33's wear out.

I had a Ripp on my 07. I decided to go with Sprintex and I'm really happy with the decision. The Ripp kicked in at around 2500 RPM and was nice, but the Sprintex provides power through the entire RPM range.
Old 09-25-2018, 07:30 PM
JK Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated! How does your cruise control work since the install? How is your fuel economy also?
Old 09-28-2018, 10:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ajkaz
Thanks for the reply, much appreciated! How does your cruise control work since the install? How is your fuel economy also?
Cruise control works fine. No problems. I went with the stage 2 kit, so I sacrificed mpg for power. I'm getting between 14 and 15 mpg with the tune from Sprintex. I am going to go get it professionally tuned when I have time.

Quick Reply: 3.6 Ripp and Sprintex User Reviews