Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3" Lifted Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Pics

Old 09-26-2006, 12:18 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by CJ2a
That rig would be illegal in most parts of the Northeast here as many of the states (Vermont Excluded) prohibit vehicles with any part of the tread uncovered looking down from the top.

Wider flares will be a must.
I'll bet if you keep the stock wheels or at least, stick with stock back spacing, you might be able to install a set of 315/75R16's. That'll keep most of your tread under the flares but you might have to adjust your steer stops to prevent rubbing at a full turn.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:07 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CJ2a
That rig would be illegal in most parts of the Northeast here as many of the states (Vermont Excluded) prohibit vehicles with any part of the tread uncovered looking down from the top.

Wider flares will be a must.
Anyone know how picky they are in California about this? They seem to be tight about everything else around here. I just got a ticket for having my toll road transponder sitting on the dash. Officer said it had to be velcroed to the glass.:angry: WTF! $141.00 I will be fighting this one, already got my toll road statement showing the transponder beeped 2 minutes before the writing of the ticket.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eddie....

Any idea when the Full Traction 3" lift will be shipping out. I ordered one from Northridge when you first posted it but they keep tellin' me they don't know?

I was called by my dealer today and told that my 4dr. Rubi was shipped on the 20th and should be there next next. I have tires and wheels....NEED the lift! :sad:
Old 09-26-2006, 01:15 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by Rubimon
Anyone know how picky they are in California about this? They seem to be tight about everything else around here. I just got a ticket for having my toll road transponder sitting on the dash. Officer said it had to be velcroed to the glass.:angry: WTF! $141.00 I will be fighting this one, already got my toll road statement showing the transponder beeped 2 minutes before the writing of the ticket.
WTF!! :eek: Are you serious?!! Where abouts in California are you? I always carry my Fastrack transponder on the dash. Guess I'll have to stick it to the windshield now just in case
Old 09-26-2006, 01:16 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by blkngld
Eddie....

Any idea when the Full Traction 3" lift will be shipping out. I ordered one from Northridge when you first posted it but they keep tellin' me they don't know?

I was called by my dealer today and told that my 4dr. Rubi was shipped on the 20th and should be there next next. I have tires and wheels....NEED the lift! :sad:
Funny you should ask. I just got off the phone with Northridge4x4 and was told they would be shipping out in about 2 weeks.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:18 PM
JK Newbie

C'mon...don't tease a desperate man.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:25 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by wayoflife
If you can believe it, those are a basic 15x8's with 3.75" of BS. Also, the X's come standard with 16" wheels with an upgrade option to 17". I don't know if all 15" wheels will work but it looks like steel Rock Crawler types will and without any problems to the brakes.
I wonder if over time there will be some heat issues with the brakes with 15's. My brother in law had a Ford truck that wobbled when he put on the brakes. Turned out they put the wrong rims on and the discs warped from heat. It was only a couple of months old.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:21 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by wayoflife
WTF!! :eek: Are you serious?!! Where abouts in California are you? I always carry my Fastrack transponder on the dash. Guess I'll have to stick it to the windshield now just in case
Aliso Viejo. 73 North, he was waiting right at the toll thingamabob! I am sure he can tell my transponder beeped. Doen't a light or something go off if you don't have one? The problem was my son's Jeep had the temporary tag. I guess a lot of people delay putting on their plates and keep running the tolls.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:26 PM
JK Newbie

thats exactly what i want my JK to look like! Same color, lift, and tires!! WOOT!!!

Only thing that i would have done differently, is throw a nice set of bead-lock rims on there, probably polished with a red bead-lock

As far as the whole tire thing, here in ontario canada cops are way more worries about pulling over the so called "street racers" than guys with lifted big bunned jeeps
Old 09-26-2006, 09:06 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by blkngld
C'mon...don't tease a desperate man.
:o Seriously, you should be getting it very soon.

Quick Reply: 3" Lifted Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Pics