Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3" Teraflex Outback lift installed..... FINALLY!

Old 03-12-2018, 01:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3" Teraflex Outback lift installed..... FINALLY!

After about 5-6 months of researching and another 6 months of saving up the day finally happened. Started on it Friday about 1730 and finished somewhere around 1500 on Saturday.
Since I am stock the rest of the way, this lift does right pretty stiff but overall I really like it. If anyone is wanting to do this lift, I strongly suggest downloading the instructions for the CT3 kit (same kit different springs) as this kit came with instructions for each piece and we forgot the gussett sleeves for the Speedbumps and ended up having to remove the Speedbumps and springs to add them as well as fumbled a little on some things before I just searched for the before mentioned CT instructions.

3" Teraflex Outback lift
Falcon 3.3 Piggyback shocks
17x9 Mickey Thompson Classic III
315/70 R17 Cooper STT Pros

Last edited by jaymz7783; 03-12-2018 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Grammar fixes
Old 03-12-2018, 05:36 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Looking good!
Old 03-14-2018, 09:20 PM
JK Newbie

How stiff is the ride carrying no load and the shocks adjusted way soft?

Last edited by TeamReam; 03-14-2018 at 09:23 PM.
Old 03-16-2018, 08:09 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TeamReam
How stiff is the ride carrying no load and the shocks adjusted way soft?
Well with the shocks set to soft, you get more bounce. I wouldn't say it rides any softer per say, but I did feel a little less in control. I talked to a buddy with the kit and he said that the soft setting under stock load is amazing offroad but on pavement he felt the same as me.
Now today I loaded up my stock wheels and tires for a buyer and I can definitely tell the ride was 85% better with just the added couple hundred pounds so I believe that after bumpers, winch, and spare the ride will be very close to stock.

Quick Reply: 3" Teraflex Outback lift installed..... FINALLY!