Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

34x10.50 R17 Tire Options?

Old 09-17-2017, 11:37 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 34x10.50r17 Love Them

I love these tires on my 2015 Rubicon HR! No spacers, no lift (yet) and turning lock to lock no rubbing anywhere. I imagine a lift will be necessary for some harder offroading.
Old 09-17-2017, 04:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

I've had the 255 KM2's for a few years now and about 50k miles. I've rotated them regularly, so they are wearing well and still have lots of life left in them. They've been amazing off-road, and handled Moab without any chunking and with some pretty good stabbing/gouging with no failure.

I'm currently debating another set of these vs. the KO2's in 34 x 10.5. I've got a 2" lift, and it has worked perfectly with this size tire. The reason I'm thinking K02 is for my daughter, who is getting ready to drive. I dont' plan on letting her drive much in snow, but they'd be good for her if she gets caught in it unexpectedly. The problem is that I'll have to buy 5 K02's vs. only 3 KM2's. I currently have a newish KM2 as a spare that has zero miles on it, so I'd just use a worn one for the spare. I think the KO2 would soften the ride slightly, too. Decisons, decisions...

Has anyone else gone from the KM2 to the K02 in the same size? If so, tell me how they feel and perform differently.
Old 09-18-2017, 07:15 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

I didn't go between the same size km2 and ko2 but the difference is night and day on the road. They're quieter, they grip better, and they're a smoother ride. I had the km2 in 31" and my current 34" ko2. Obviously mud is no comparison. The ko2 isn't bad in the rocks, albeit they don't have as open of lugs to grab the rocks, the rubber is sticky enough to grab.

Quick Reply: 34x10.50 R17 Tire Options?