Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

35s for Sahara 18" rims

Old 01-03-2015, 06:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 35s for Sahara 18" rims

Yes... another thread on tire options, so I apologize in advance :-)

I have a 2010 Sahara 2-door with stock rims/tires. I really want to upgrade to 35s for that more aggressive look and was wondering what was all involved. I have heard that tires for 18" rims can be pretty pricey, but when I shopped around, the price of 35 /12.50R18s didn't seem much different to the price of 35 /12.50R17s. I think Nitto G2s were going for $291.00. Also, I understand that with the Sahara wheels, you need 1.5 inch spacers. Is this because the backspacing is different between wheels?

I guess I just want to know whats all involved and whats the best route to go. I really love the look of my current rims and prefer not to change them out, unless I need to swap them out with Rubi wheels. I do little offroading and when I do, Its nothing outrageous like rock climbing.

I appreciate the feedback! The snow is starting to fall and I want to be prepared out here in the woods!
Old 01-03-2015, 06:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, the spacers are because the stock rims do not have enough backspacing to clear the air dam, control arms, and sway bars when u jump to a 12.5" tire.

When I had a Sahara, I sold the rims as soon as I wore out the stockers in favor if 17s bc the tires were about $50 cheaper for the same size in 18.

I have since dropped to 15" for the se cost per tire reason.
Old 01-04-2015, 08:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you plan on lifting the Jeep? Planning on running stock fenders, or trimming them? You'll need bump stops, size depending on the answer for the first 2 questions.

Quick Reply: 35s for Sahara 18" rims