Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

37" MTR kevlars?

Old 05-05-2014, 06:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump?^.......
Old 05-05-2014, 10:57 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 12JKjeep
I had my 37" MTR/K mounted and balanced yesterday. They took a lot of weight to balance a few of them. But they are quieter and smoother on the highway then my KM2's were! And my spare they said they could not balance with weights, it was rcv calling for 18 oz of weight. Should I return this'd the one tire they can't balance? or just put dyna beads in it? And I heard something about centric wheel balancers but don't know anything about them?
I would go back and have them either have someone else there try to balance it, or get you a new one ...

My local shop had no problem with mine, I don't know how much weight they used, but I asked if they were hard to balance and they said it was simple.

Matthew
Old 05-05-2014, 01:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah I'm going to try a different place and see if they can get them balanced. If they can't then I'll have to return it or try balancing beads maybe.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:48 PM
JK Junkie

Yeah I'm going to try a different place and see if they can get them balanced. If they can't then I'll have to return it or try balancing beads maybe.
Did you buy them at a small shop or a place with other locations? I wouldn't spend anything more, I'd goto another location...

matthew
Old 05-06-2014, 12:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Matthewd5
Did you buy them at a small shop or a place with other locations? I wouldn't spend anything more, I'd goto another location... matthew
I bought them online and had them shipped to me. So sending it back would be a pain in the ass.
Old 05-06-2014, 03:06 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try a shop that does dynamic balancing. That should get you fixed up. I'm a fan of discount tire, but also just depends on the guy who does it.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:06 AM
JK Junkie

I bought them online and had them shipped to me. So sending it back would be a pain in the ass.
Let me rephrase that, did you get them mounted and balanced at a small shop or a chain of shops?

I know if you buy bicycle parts, especially the pricier items, the local shop will begrudgingly install it but they are not happy, even though you are paying for the install, because they lost the profit in the initial sale.

its like the large product purchase I made with Northridge, my local shop was doing the install, but the biggest piece of the overhaul wasn't bought through them...

But they were pretty cool about it and I paid a small gratuity to try and make up for having bought it elsewhere, but I shared all the info and they called their supplier and they couldn't even come close to the Northridge pricing.

matthew
Old 05-06-2014, 05:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Got them balanced at my local jeep dealership. They said they balance 37's all the time. But couldn't get my one tire balanced at all.

Last edited by 12JKjeep; 05-06-2014 at 10:14 AM.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
Try a shop that does dynamic balancing. That should get you fixed up. I'm a fan of discount tire, but also just depends on the guy who does it.
dynamic balancing? Is it a specific balancing machine that they need to do dynamic balancing? I'm not sure of anyone in southern NH or Maine that does dynamic balncing?

Quick Reply: 37" MTR kevlars?