Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

37's set up for street queen

Old 04-27-2014, 07:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No. I drive 100 miles a day at a minimum. I don't mind shifting gears and I'm still getting 18mpg. Forgot to mention I have a 1" body lift also.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:57 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by spw4646
... haven't had any balljoint problems either.
You probably will, but the only reason I mentioned that before was if he's paying for labor to pull and reinstall the balljoints for the gusset welding (some weldors will insist, others won't), then he may as well put decent ones back in and be done with the labor charges. For someone willing to do the work on their own, yeah, just wait for them to get worn. Probably won't be too long of a wait, especially for a '12 that has a few miles on it.
Old 04-27-2014, 10:05 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spw4646
Yes, 2012 3.6, 6 spd. It's 3.21 gears also.
Wow - that's gotta suck. I had 35’s with 3.73's for about a year before regearing. Hated it offroad and rarely ever used 6th gear unless going downhill.

That was with a 3.8 tho.
Old 04-27-2014, 10:58 AM
JK Super Freak

You'll definintely want gears either before you do the wheels, or at the same time. Most would say 5.13 is ideal for 37's, but don't think you'll want to go that low because of the ring and pinion size limits on a D30. May want to stick with 4.88 which won't be bad. If you're front DS is stock, swap that out too. I'd also do the gussets. As mentioned, you will definitely want to do the ball joints, I'd go with the Synergy.

37's on a D30 will definitely be pushing it, even for just a street rig.

Other stuff you will eventually want to get to -- drag link flip kit, larger brakes.
Old 05-06-2014, 04:10 PM
JK Newbie

For sure going to do gears. Really looking to keep the acceleration right now and possibly improve gas mileage while also being able to drive on the highway. A guy I work with has a 4 car garage that he does nothing but work on cars in. Has everything needed to build up the jeep including gears.

Quick Reply: 37's set up for street queen