Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4 inch teraflex lift w/o front adjustable track bar or rear track bar drop bracket

Old 09-15-2012, 05:22 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4 inch teraflex lift w/o front adjustable track bar or rear track bar drop bracket

Whats the worst thing that can happen? can I drive on this until my new front track bar and drop bracket come in? I'm wanting to do a moderate trail tomorrow, I have ran this trail on my old Rubicon suspension with the stock Rubicon 31s with no problems. Without the track bar fixes is this safe ?

2008 jk X 2 door, 4 inch lift 35s, quick discos front and rear 1.5" wheel spacers.

Last edited by Spankiee; 09-15-2012 at 06:15 PM.
Old 09-15-2012, 05:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It doesnt sound safe. I wouldnt drive it at all. If you still have the factory trackbars and dont have either a trackbar bracket or an adjustable trackbar for both axles, your axles will no longer be centered. This is going to cause your jeep to pull hard to one side. Measure the distance between your inner sidewalls of your tires and the frame. If they are not the same ( front matching front, rear matching other side rear) then you will have problems. (personal experiance) the faster you go, the worse the pull gets.
Old 09-15-2012, 05:35 PM
JK Newbie

O sorry it does still have the factory track bars installed. I have the adjustable front and rear bracket on the way it should be here Monday. The axles are not centered under the jeep the rear wheels are off on the passenger side (hang out further) and the front is off on the drivers side (hangs out further) at 75 mph there is no pull to one side or the other or death wobble.

Last edited by Spankiee; 09-15-2012 at 06:11 PM.
Old 09-15-2012, 06:03 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

4in TF on a 2dr, no, those axles are waaaayyyy off center. Your gonna rub shit and mostlikely bust a tire. It'll drive like shit on road too.

Last edited by mkjeep; 09-15-2012 at 06:05 PM.
Old 09-15-2012, 06:21 PM
JK Newbie

I took it out back and had it flex as hard as I could, to check break lines etc. the tires don't rub even at full flex. the back measures 3 1/4 driver 4 1/2 passenger and the front is at 9 1/2 passenger 11" driver
Old 09-15-2012, 08:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

When you install a lift it makes the axles off center. The from goes to one side and the rear goes to the other. So it will be very unstable on the roadway and will have a "crabbing" effect while driving. The front adjustable trackbar and rear track bar bracket re aligns your axles and centers them under your jeep. I just did a 3 inch TF and had the same issue. I had to also install lower front control arms to fully fix the fighty feel and to properly adjust the caster.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well my post was pointless lol. Looks like you already figured it out.
Old 09-16-2012, 04:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts
Default track bar

Sure , you might be ok or awhile , or the next time you are doing some fairly serious wheeling , you could rip the rear track bar bracket off the rear diff. , like I did before the dealer replaced my rear diff. housing then I fortified it !
Old 09-16-2012, 04:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mpkelley20
The OP stated that even at 75mph, his jeep drives fine. So anyone telling him he will have a crappy ride with off center axles....well...he doesn't.

I ran almost 2 years with off center axles. Even with adjustable front and rear track bars I was just too lazy to fix it. I never had an issue on road or off road. If anything, I probably benefitted from it as being off in the front moved my driveshaft just far enough away from my tranny skid that I never tore the boot.

I say go have fun wheeling. If you can drive there safely and you already tested at full flex, you will be OK.
He doesnt say anything about how it drives. You DID read the original post right?
Old 09-16-2012, 05:27 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Spankiee
at 75 mph there is no pull to one side or the other or death wobble.
there ya go...

Quick Reply: 4 inch teraflex lift w/o front adjustable track bar or rear track bar drop bracket