Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4" lift issues?

Old 01-15-2007, 07:04 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4" lift issues?

Alright as soon as I get my tax return im going to be purchasing a lift for this thing and getting it up off the pizza cutter tires. I would really like a 4" on 37's. I drive a 2dr X with a d44 in the rear and 4.10s with manual.

What kind of driveline issues am I looking at with a 4" and 37's compaired to a 3" with 35's? Would the shaft angle be that much greater that i would have to upgrade that too? I understand the boot will eventually wear out so i intend on replacing the shafts eventually, just not now. Can I get away with the stock ones?

Also, can the d30 up front handle all that stress with the 37's without upgrading with an axle kit?

Also has anybody run 37's with 4.10's? I realize i need to eventually upgrade that too, but just wondering if i could get by on the 4.10's for a while.

Any other 4" issues yall can think of that wouldnt be really present with a 3" kit??

Thanks for the help guys!
Old 01-15-2007, 07:32 PM
JK Newbie

Can't speak to everything, but 4.10's on 37's is no problem, IMO. I've been running them for about 2-weeks now on my 4-door Rubi. I'll eventually change them, but right now it's not a problem... even off-road (keep in mind the Rubi's do have a lower t-case ratio.)
Old 01-15-2007, 08:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

how the drive shaft look on the 4", Need to be replaced?
Old 01-15-2007, 09:12 PM
JK Newbie

Mine's fine, as far as angle goes. I imagine they'd suck tho if you're giong to beat them on rocks... very thin.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:45 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the unlimited has a longer driveshaft as well, and that will help keep the angles less severe. you'll likely need longer shafts. you may also need longer brake lines. from what i hear, the steering will hold up ok, as well as the d30, so long as you are real ginger with the idiot pedal, but be prepared to upgrade as you break stuff. 4.88, or even deeper, like 5.13 would be better suited for the manual and meat that big. i think 4.88 would be good for mostly daily driving, mild off road use.
take lot's of pictures. i'm planning on building to 37's as well!
Old 01-16-2007, 12:59 PM
JK Freak

just wanna make sure 4" and 37's arent gonna be the straw that broke my X's back. I was going to go with the 3'' and 35's but I cant get over how beastly these things look with 37's under em.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:23 PM
JK Freak

Eric-
My buddy runs 37's on his rig and of course they're big. But Gosh darn it they're beautiful. I love the way they look on the JK's

Quick Reply: 4" lift issues?