JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   40s and semi float 60 (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/40s-semi-float-60-a-320479/)

big dr 04-18-2015 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by Maertz (Post 4087047)
If you go winching wouldn't you NEED the winch?

HAHAHAHAH,,, nicely played.

Biginboca 04-18-2015 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by big dr (Post 4087233)
HAHAHAHAH,,, nicely played.

Yes, lol!

tcdawg 04-19-2015 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by pontiac31 (Post 4086926)
I have three years on 37's on stock rear 44 and haven't bent a flange. I do a lot of wheeling from high speed mud racing, to crawling rocks at Rausch creek and other parks. So I disagree, also.

What do you disagree with? That you'll bend flanges on 37's? For ever person that says they "haven't bent a flange in 1.5 years" there is another person that has.

You haven't bent a flange. Good for you, hope that continues.

I have bent stock and Ten Factory flanges, 2 of each. It happens.

My point was, a flange can bend even with smaller tires. If the OP wants to jump to 40's a FF axle would be far and away a better choice than a semi float. Especially when the FF Mopar 60 is the same or less than most other manufacturers seem semi float.

GoBig 04-19-2015 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by HolyMolyRacing (Post 4086888)
I have Currie Rockjock full float 35 spline and 40's. I wheel hard and often. Friends with Semi float break but my full floater never breaks or bends. It works excellent and the D60 has some different options for suspension that give it far more travel than the D44. I bent and broke front and rear D44, front tried sleeves, tried upgraded tubes all broke cracked with 37. With the full float Rockjock I am never in fear of breaking and can go out to trail knowing that I will be able to drive home.

Just curious, what sleeves were you running? Nitro?

pontiac31 04-20-2015 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by tcdawg (Post 4087592)

What do you disagree with? That you'll bend flanges on 37's? For ever person that says they "haven't bent a flange in 1.5 years" there is another person that has.

You haven't bent a flange. Good for you, hope that continues.

I have bent stock and Ten Factory flanges, 2 of each. It happens.

My point was, a flange can bend even with smaller tires. If the OP wants to jump to 40's a FF axle would be far and away a better choice than a semi float. Especially when the FF Mopar 60 is the same or less than most other manufacturers seem semi float.

I disagree with your first post of you will bend them for sure. I am not sure what the true definition of hard core wheeling is? I wheel with a group if guys that varies from 33's and locked to 42's on tons and coilovers. We all stick together, take our time on technical trails. Do we break? Sure. Who doesn't? I have broken my fair share of parts, but always keep spares and tools. I will admit I have been lucky, aside from breaking a factory housing of course. I do eventually want one tons and 40's but it isn't in the cards with two kids. I just dont think its fair to immediately say 37's require a Dana 60.

tcdawg 04-20-2015 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by pontiac31 (Post 4088278)
I disagree with your first post of you will bend them for sure. I am not sure what the true definition of hard core wheeling is? I wheel with a group if guys that varies from 33's and locked to 42's on tons and coilovers. We all stick together, take our time on technical trails. Do we break? Sure. Who doesn't? I have broken my fair share of parts, but always keep spares and tools. I will admit I have been lucky, aside from breaking a factory housing of course. I do eventually want one tons and 40's but it isn't in the cards with two kids. I just dont think its fair to immediately say 37's require a Dana 60.

I think should have said you "can" bend flanges on 37's. It's definitely not a forgone conclusion but I can definitely happen.