Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4wheel parts saying new TPMS sensors not programmed?

Old 10-11-2017, 12:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Smudgeontheglass
There isn't a crossover, it was a change to do with the 2013 dash upgrades as each tire could be read individually and shown on the screen. If your Jeep came with single washer nozzle on the hood it's not a 2013.

315Mhz for the 07-12
433Mhz for the 12-17

Check the model number on your receipt and see what frequency it should be.
The 315MHZ system can also do individual tire readings. My wife's 08 MK has it.
Old 10-12-2017, 01:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by darien99
Think 4wheelparts is trying to hose me again, here's the situation.

4 weeks ago purchased a set of wheels and tires from them online for carry out. Added TPMS sensors (Orotek) to the package of 4 as I didn't want to tear down my old set of wheels and tires to move my sensors over. Picked up the package, installed the wheels myself, check TPM message comes on after driving around 15 miles. No problem I thought, from my reading after driving some it should pick up the new sensors.

3 weeks later the system still doesn't recognize the new sensors, just a dash on each wheel in the EVIC and a check TPM message whenever I start the Jeep. Headed back up to 4wheel today to have them figure it out, they said that they'll need to inspect it and there next availability is in a week (WTF?). I go ahead and schedule that.

Then the tech says that there's going to be a $115 inspection fee if it turns out the sensors aren't bad. He says they probably need to be reprogrammed, and if that's the case the fee will apply. I told him I'd talk to the manager when I bring it in for the appointment.

A couple things don't make sense to me - I'm under the impression that the sensors I bought are already set up for the JK (the tech confirmed the part number was right this afternoon) and I can't see why in the hell I should be responsible for paying for paying more out of pocket for a brand new set of wheels, tires, and sensors that never registered.

Anyone have thoughts?
Most of the time you will at least get one working and then so on.. may take several days to get them all to sync up. But if none of them are working i would be willing to bet money that you have the wrong sensors. I had issues with mine and then finely decided to turn them off.. highly recommended, they are a pain in the ass anyway. But on my new ones installed on atx beadlocks i got 1 to work in about 10 minutes.. then two more started working about 45 min later. Then finely the last one started working about 3 days later, they did this all on their own.. i did nothing to persuade them. But if none of yours are working i would bet you have the wrong sensors. I bought a procal and just turned mine off.. very glad i did. They don't seem to work to well with large tires.. 37s in my case. Good luck man

Last edited by YukonBlu; 10-12-2017 at 01:19 AM.
Old 10-12-2017, 07:56 AM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've yet to see my new 13' JKU, but this poses a question for me... does the dash show WHICH tire is low on air? If so, how does the computer sense which sensor is giving a low pressure reading?

Tom in Papua New Guinea
Old 10-13-2017, 11:58 AM
JK Newbie

Turns out the wrong sensors were installed. Went in earlier in the week to talk to the manager, who told me that it won't matter because all JK use the same sensor. I pointed out that was incorrect, and told him to look up the part numbers. He then came back and said that it looks like the ones I needed were on backorder, which is probably why they subbed the others, but he would switch them out for me on Saturday. Heading up there tomorrow and hopefully leaving sorted.
Old 10-14-2017, 09:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by eng23ine
The 315MHZ system can also do individual tire readings. My wife's 08 MK has it.
My '08 only days lo tire, not which tire is low
Old 10-14-2017, 09:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by darien99
Turns out the wrong sensors were installed. Went in earlier in the week to talk to the manager, who told me that it won't matter because all JK use the same sensor. I pointed out that was incorrect, and told him to look up the part numbers. He then came back and said that it looks like the ones I needed were on backorder, which is probably why they subbed the others, but he would switch them out for me on Saturday. Heading up there tomorrow and hopefully leaving sorted.
Good to hear you are getting this fixed
Old 10-24-2017, 06:20 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by zstairlessone
Good to hear you are getting this fixed
Thanks, I'm glad that they were honest about the mistake and stepped up to fix it. After changing the sensors out all 4 sensors picked up and are registering after a 20 mile drive.
Old 10-27-2017, 05:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Good deal!!

Quick Reply: 4wheel parts saying new TPMS sensors not programmed?