Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accessories we want but don't seem to exist

Old 04-19-2019, 12:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm simple. I was an auto up/down switch for all 4 windows.
The following users liked this post:
Rednroll (04-19-2019)
Old 04-19-2019, 01:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by icrashbikes
The idea is to have a hex head to allow for powered screwing/unscrewing.
Add a cap and a bolt for a spindle.
Old 04-19-2019, 04:16 PM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by akpostal
Add a cap and a bolt for a spindle.
That misses the point of the tool. The older I get, the more I prefer to work smarter instead of harder. The tool I suggested is intended just to achieve just that. It isn't because I'm unable to unscrew the panel anchor screws with my hand, it's because I'ld like to work smarter, and quicker.

So I'm removing my hard top, and doors using this cordless screw driver which has a torque bit which is attached to a quick connect/disconnect hex adapter held on by the chuck of the screw driver..

I want to remove my front freedom panels, I pull that torque bit out using the quick connect/disconnect and go to grab my tool to remove the freedom panels and now that same screw driver is there like this.

Oh where's that tool that's suppose to make my life easier? Oh shucks, it has a spindle end instead of a hex end, so now I need to remove my quick connect/disconnect from the chuck of my screw driver so I can use it. That tool which was suppose to make things faster and more convenient, now just defeated the purpose of even having a hex quick connect/disconnect. I'm not buying that tool with the spindle end, I want the one with a hex head.

These little inconveniences matter to me. Let me show you further what I'm talking about.
Here's a couple of my cordless tools hanging up.

When I'm working on a project, I'm often drilling holes and then putting in screws or bolts into those holes. I could do all of that with a single cordless screw driver by constantly switching back and forth between a drill bit and a screw driver bit by constantly loosening and tightening the chuck to switch out the drills and bits. To me, that's too much of a PIA. Instead I have 2 of the same cordless screw drivers, the top one I use for swapping in screw driver bits where it has one of those same quick connect/disconnect hex adapters, and the bottom one I use for my drill bits.

The same thing for those 2 angle grinders. I don't feel like constantly switching the types of disks in the angle grinder. I'm consistently using the cutting wheel and the wire brush...I just switch the tool for the one I need instead of spending more time swapping the attachment on a single tool.

LOL! I actually own 8 corded angle grinders and 8 vibrating multi-tools....each one has a different attachment mounted on them from cut-off disks, grinding disks, scrapper blades, various saw blades, sanding flap disks, various wire brushes, etc, etc. The damn things are only $10 each at Harbor Freight so I figure what the heck, for that price buy an angle grinder and vibrating mult-tool for each attachment I own and just grab the tool I need which already has the attachment on it, when I need it.

Last edited by Rednroll; 04-19-2019 at 04:30 PM.
Old 04-19-2019, 06:10 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 120 Likes on 106 Posts

No impact driver?! With the 1/4" quick release??
Old 04-19-2019, 11:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I just want some 285 70 17 tires that aren't E rated. I don't drive a 3/4 or 1 ton, I don't haul 2000 lbs in the back, and I don't tow 20,000 pounds. Come on, there are millions of JKs and soon to be JLs out there and we need some options!
The following 2 users liked this post by lowendrider:
JK-Pez (06-19-2019), karls10jk (04-20-2019)
Old 04-20-2019, 04:00 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Originally Posted by lowendrider
I just want some 285 70 17 tires that aren't E rated. I don't drive a 3/4 or 1 ton, I don't haul 2000 lbs in the back, and I don't tow 20,000 pounds. Come on, there are millions of JKs and soon to be JLs out there and we need some options!
To piggyback on this- 35's with a decent tread pattern and tread depth without the weight. They offer 33's and 35's in not load range E, but they start out at 10/32" or are just generic highway tires (Passenger vs LT) �� I know the 315/70-17 is out there for the Raptor in a C load range but I've put my miles on these tires, I want to try something new.
Old 04-20-2019, 06:37 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by icrashbikes
No impact driver?! With the 1/4" quick release??
It's in the picture to the right of that screw driver....but yeah, that demonstrates another reason I definitely prefer the hex connection. I actually use a smaller cordless driver not shown, since a smaller driver is preferred for the door hinge torque head screws.
Old 04-22-2019, 12:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rednroll
That's the part I need most. The PVC part is a good idea in place of the Mopar design, but I'm really looking for a way to mount the hex peg onto it since I've got a cordless screwdrivers with the hex head for quick connect. What my thought is that when I remove my top, I typically use my cordless screw driver with a quick swap torque bit to remove the torque screws and I'ld just want to quickly swap in this thing in to do the same for the freedom panel removal.
I stumbled across these on Quadratec while mindlessly browsing a little while ago, I think i it what you are looking for?

https://www.quadratec.com/p/k-dax/ea...ep-wrangler-jk
Old 04-22-2019, 01:32 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by SomeAfib
I stumbled across these on Quadratec while mindlessly browsing a little while ago, I think i it what you are looking for?

https://www.quadratec.com/p/k-dax/ea...ep-wrangler-jk
It's ALIVE! Thank You!

It's funny to me, the thing I wanted the least of the items I listed, has gotten the most responses for solutions....and now you found it actually exists.

The Patent Pending Easy Screw Top Tool™ takes the hassle out of removing and installing those cumbersome, long threaded hand screws that cinch down the front panels of the three-piece freedom top on your Jeep Wrangler hard top. This easy screw tool allows you to remove and install the freedom panel hand screws mechanically with a cordless screwdriver making the removal and installation as easy as the push of a button. Designed to fit any 1/4" cordless screwdriver, the durable steel and plastic injection molded tool ensures longevity for years of use. Manufactured in the USA. Cordless screwdriver not included.

Brilliant!

Last edited by Rednroll; 04-22-2019 at 01:51 AM.
Old 04-22-2019, 10:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rednroll
The elusive Water proof weather resistant high air flow 12V air compressor

Why are we mounting our air compressors under the hood where they're being exposed to heat and other nasty elements?
Why are we mounting our air compressors under the seats where they're noisy inside the cabin and the tires we're trying to fill are outside our Jeeps?

1. We want an air compressor which is water proof and can be mounted outside our Jeeps. You mean to tell me that Harbor Freight can make water and fountain pumps which can be submerged under water and contain an electrical motor and nobody can design an air compressor which can do the same? You mean to tell me the starters on our JK are mounted under our vehicles and are a high current draw DC motor which can get exposed and submerged in water but the same can't be done with an air compressor?
2. We want an air compressor which can be mounted outside our Jeeps and resists corrosion.
3. We want that air compressor's attachment hoses and fittings so they are resistant to the outside elements so they don't dry rot, corrode and split apart.
4. We want it to be a high volume compressor which is at least capable of putting out 150 PSI.
5. We want it to be able to run long enough to fill up (4) 37in tires from 5psi to 35psi without having to turn it off and wait for it to cool down.
6. We want all of that for less than $200

Someone show me where to purchase that air compressor!
Klein air horns makes a kit that sits next to the drive shaft. I have it on mine. I just ran the air filter up through a drain plug under my rear seat.

Quick Reply: Accessories we want but don't seem to exist