Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ACE bionolt-on slider for the JKU (Question)

Old 02-21-2017, 07:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ACE bionolt-on slider for the JKU (Question)

Are these strong enough to use a High Jack on? To change a tire, front or rear? Not necessarily to lift the whole side up. I sent ACE a email, but never received a reply.Thanks.
Old 02-21-2017, 07:57 AM
JK Freak

Default Ace Bolt-on sliders

For some reason I'm not able to correct / edit my post. Should be Bolt-on Slider.
Old 02-21-2017, 09:11 AM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If they bolt on to the frame, I don't see why not. You can lift steel front/rear bumpers all day bolted to the same frame.

You just have to be careful since you're lifting on tube prone to sliding vs something notched like the Metalcloak insert skins or JCR have that are designed for hi-lift jack points. As long as the cross-opposite wheel is blocked and the base of the jack stable, shouldn't be an issue to lift the tire an inch of the ground.

Old 02-22-2017, 01:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

I wouldn't hesitate to lift the whole side using my ace rails. Aside from slippage concerns, if I can drop the weight of my jeep on them things (and I have several times) I doubt a hi-lift would cause any damage. Be careful tho... the top of the jack has a tendency to wanna make contact with the doors.
Old 02-22-2017, 05:49 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by cjnomo
I wouldn't hesitate to lift the whole side using my ace rails. Aside from slippage concerns, if I can drop the weight of my jeep on them things (and I have several times) I doubt a hi-lift would cause any damage. Be careful tho... the top of the jack has a tendency to wanna make contact with the doors.
the slipage is what I was thinking too. I have them and the angle on the underside would make getting the jack to hold tricky to say the least
Old 02-23-2017, 01:06 AM
JK Freak

Default High Jack

Thank you all for your replies. My thinking was to use a small length of chain which I carry with me (14"). Loop it round the rail on the slider and then to the pick-up point on the jack . My jack has a small lip on the end to help prevent things from sliding off. As for the door I could remove the piece at the top, of the jack. I'll have to set it up and do test run. Thanks Again.
Old 02-23-2017, 03:54 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have used my ACE rails to jack the side of my jeep up, so the answer is yes. With that said, it's not ideal, nor do I recommend it. If you need legit hi lift points on your jeep, save your pennies and get steel bumpers with jack points. They are worth EVERY PENNY! Not only are they safe, they are designed for the task at hand. After all, a farm jack is dangerous enough when being used in ideal situations, no need to Add to the risk. You can find some really nice front and rear bumpers in the 400 dollar range that will do the trick. I'd start up front because you can always jack on the trailer hitch in the back.

Quick Reply: ACE bionolt-on slider for the JKU (Question)