Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adams Driveshaft 1310 CV Driveshaft

Old 04-18-2018, 12:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rednroll
Thanks for posting. I just watched your uninstall video. Did you make an install vid as well?

You mentioned in your vid that you noticed creaking sounds when steering in 4WD. I noticed that same problem last fall and was guessing it was either my U joints or my drive-shaft and figured I would get an Adams drive-shaft like you got to replace both. So did the replacement DS fix your creaking sounds?
I didn't get around to making an install video, unfortunately. I was pretty caught up in the install and didn't film it. Adams Driveshaft has a really good install write-up on their website that makes it really easy.

Yep! The new driveshaft completely fixed the sound. Is it like a clicking creaking sound? One way to test would be to just remove the driveshaft and if it still makes the noise, then it is something else.

Originally Posted by resharp001
You can get it either way....Yoke costs just slight bit more I believe. There was a thread not long ago discussing yoke vs. factory flange. Yoke does improve your angle a bit, but flange generally a touch stronger I believe. I just did the mount to the flange as to not mess with removing the pinion bolt at the time is all.

**adding link -

This is the thread I was referencing, although there are several older ones out there as well.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...oke-no-345472/
I ended up going without the pinion yoke, because as others said in that thread, getting the torque correct on the yoke can be difficult. I opted for the easier install, and can't really see the angle improvement being too much of a concern. Toughness, definitely, but if it ends up being a problem I'll just fix it down the line.
Old 04-18-2018, 12:20 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeep in the West
if it ends up being a problem I'll just fix it down the line.
Well, I did the same flange mount and ~3.75 years later and with some pretty good wheelin', no issues.
Old 04-18-2018, 12:33 PM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Yep! The new driveshaft completely fixed the sound. Is it like a clicking creaking sound? One way to test would be to just remove the driveshaft and if it still makes the noise, then it is something else.
Yes, it's a clicking creaking sound.

Here's a thread I started awhile back looking for assistance to find the problem.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...r-lift-343000/

If you get a chance and could read over the symptoms in that thread that I described, to see if it sounds similar to your experience, I'ld really appreciate the assistance. BTW, I adjusted my LCAs where I'm at 5.2 caster now, so ignore that part of my trouble shooting.

However, your suggestion to just remove the driveshaft won't do any good. I already know the sound only happens when I put it into 4WD, so removing the front driveshaft to further troubleshoot won't do me any good aside from if the sound was still there after removing the DS then it would point to a problem being in the T-case and I'm pretty certain the sound is not coming from that far back.

Last edited by Rednroll; 04-18-2018 at 01:04 PM.
Old 04-26-2018, 02:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, it's a clicking creaking sound.

Here's a thread I started awhile back looking for assistance to find the problem.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...r-lift-343000/

If you get a chance and could read over the symptoms in that thread that I described, to see if it sounds similar to your experience, I'ld really appreciate the assistance. BTW, I adjusted my LCAs where I'm at 5.2 caster now, so ignore that part of my trouble shooting.

However, your suggestion to just remove the driveshaft won't do any good. I already know the sound only happens when I put it into 4WD, so removing the front driveshaft to further troubleshoot won't do me any good aside from if the sound was still there after removing the DS then it would point to a problem being in the T-case and I'm pretty certain the sound is not coming from that far back.
After reading the symptoms on there, I would bet that it is your driveshaft CV. The only difference I can tell between our sounds without listening to yours is mine was definitely clicking, not creaking.

This isn't my video, but this is the exact sound mine was making:
Old 04-26-2018, 06:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone know of anyone running 1310 (Adams etc) shafts with a LS conversion?

Whenever, I do any mods I'm always trying to take into consideration my longer term goals. I don't plan on selling my JK, where the long term goal will be to do an LS swap once this 3.8L eventually breathes its last breath. Hopefully later than sooner on the LS swap.
I'm using Adams driveshafts front and rear with my LS 6.0, zero issues with Adams.
Old 04-27-2018, 03:42 AM
Super Moderator

After reading the symptoms on there, I would bet that it is your driveshaft CV. The only difference I can tell between our sounds without listening to yours is mine was definitely clicking, not creaking.

This isn't my video, but this is the exact sound mine was making: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRAPXMxSPgs
Thanks, yeah mine doesn't make that clicking sound.
Old 04-27-2018, 03:43 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ScottW
I'm using Adams driveshafts front and rear with my LS 6.0, zero issues with Adams.
1310s or 1350s?

Quick Reply: Adams Driveshaft 1310 CV Driveshaft