Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adams Driveshaft 1310 CV Driveshaft

Old 04-17-2018, 02:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Adams Driveshaft 1310 CV Driveshaft

I recently installed the Adams Driveshaft Front 1310 CV driveshaft on my 09 JKU, and did a write-up on the driveshaft's features, function, install, and my experience with the company. I just wanted to share this with anyone who is looking into getting a new front driveshaft and is considering purchasing from Adams Driveshaft. Here is my review:

Adams Driveshaft JK Front 1310 CV Driveshaft Review

Is anyone else running this driveshaft? Please let me know what you guys think!
Old 04-17-2018, 07:46 PM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Thanks for posting. I just watched your uninstall video. Did you make an install vid as well?

You mentioned in your vid that you noticed creaking sounds when steering in 4WD. I noticed that same problem last fall and was guessing it was either my U joints or my drive-shaft and figured I would get an Adams drive-shaft like you got to replace both. So did the replacement DS fix your creaking sounds?
Old 04-18-2018, 05:47 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

I've had Adams front 1310 with solid u-joint bolted up to the factory pinion flange on for a few years now. Been pretty happy with it, no complaints. Price was fair, install was easy. I have a friend that installed same shaft but replaced the factory flange with new yoke. He's been happy with it as well.

Actually, I take it back...I do have ONE complaint. The Adams sticker on my driveshaft was crooked......and that drove me crazy! LOL. Now it's so dirty I don't see it.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:03 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by resharp001
I've had Adams front 1310 with solid u-joint bolted up to the factory pinion flange on for a few years now. Been pretty happy with it, no complaints. Price was fair, install was easy. I have a friend that installed same shaft but replaced the factory flange with new yoke. He's been happy with it as well.

Actually, I take it back...I do have ONE complaint. The Adams sticker on my driveshaft was crooked......and that drove me crazy! LOL. Now it's so dirty I don't see it.
It's funny to me that you mention the sticker. I'm so anti brand name advertising I was wondering if that sticker came pre-attached or not and was steering me towards the more expensive Tom Woods shaft options. So thanks for answering that question for me. Now what's the best way to remove that sticker without damaging the paint? And does removing the sticker unbalance the shaft? It's not easy having this type of OCD.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:08 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by Rednroll
It's funny to me that you mention the sticker. I'm so anti brand name advertising I was wondering if that sticker came pre-attached or not and was steering me towards the more expensive Tom Woods shaft options. So thanks for answering that question for me. Now what's the best way to remove that sticker without damaging the paint? And does removing the sticker unbalance the shaft? It's not easy having this type of OCD.
Mine is a bit older, so the sticker was a much smaller rectangle. It was literally a sticker....no weight or bulk to it. You could simply heat it up a bit to loosen the glue and peel it off like any other sticker. It would not affect balance at all. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Adams shaft, and at some point will slap one on the rear as well.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:44 AM
Super Moderator

I'm considering getting the rear as well, if purchasing them together cost less.

I thought the yoke comes with the front Adam's shaft? I want the yoke for improved angles right? Kind of confused now in trying to understand if the Yoke is something I need to make sure is included as I start shopping around for the best deal.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:46 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by Rednroll
I'm considering getting the rear as well, if purchasing them together cost less.

I thought the yoke comes with the front Adam's shaft? I want the yoke for improved angles right? Kind of confused now in trying to understand if the Yoke is something I need to make sure is included as I start shopping around for the best deal.
You can get it either way....Yoke costs just slight bit more I believe. There was a thread not long ago discussing yoke vs. factory flange. Yoke does improve your angle a bit, but flange generally a touch stronger I believe. I just did the mount to the flange as to not mess with removing the pinion bolt at the time is all.

**adding link -

This is the thread I was referencing, although there are several older ones out there as well.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...oke-no-345472/

Last edited by resharp001; 04-18-2018 at 07:48 AM.
Old 04-18-2018, 08:36 AM
JK Freak

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

LOL you're gonna hate to hear this then: my entire undercarriage is scratched to hell, no paint, dents/dings on every skid. Frame side LCA mounts are beat to hell...and even through all that carnage, the Adams sticker looks like I slapped it on 2 days ago. Still looks fresh
Old 04-18-2018, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator

Anyone know of anyone running 1310 (Adams etc) shafts with a LS conversion?

Whenever, I do any mods I'm always trying to take into consideration my longer term goals. I don't plan on selling my JK, where the long term goal will be to do an LS swap once this 3.8L eventually breathes its last breath. Hopefully later than sooner on the LS swap.

So I'm starting to consider maybe I should buck up and spend the extra $ for the 1350s if they'll be a necessity for the future LS swap, although the 1350's likely won't provide me any real benefits for now and will likely be just adding extra weight and require extra torque from this anemic 3.8L to spin them.
Old 04-18-2018, 12:01 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the 1310 Adams driveshaft on my 07 and I'm very happy with it. Very strong, and worth every penny compared to the stock driveshafts.

Quick Reply: Adams Driveshaft 1310 CV Driveshaft