Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adjustable track bars or brackets for 1.5 springs

Old 06-24-2017, 01:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adjustable track bars or brackets for 1.5 springs

Getting ready to install some Rock Krawler 1.5 triple rate springs and I have almost all of my parts together for the lift.

I just purchased a TeraFlex Monster rear track bar and was looking at the same for the front.

Do I need a rear, axle side track bar bracket to raise the roll center or am ok with the adjustable track bar only?

Also, if I get the adjustable front track bar. Should I get a synergy style brace to help firm up the front mount axle mount?
Old 06-24-2017, 08:40 PM
JK Junkie

Should just install the coils first and see where you are at. I dont know if a rear bracket will hell much at 1.5. Same goes for front, the axles wont be offset all that much.
Your choice on the front brace, is a good idea imo.
Old 06-25-2017, 03:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

^ same
Old 06-25-2017, 10:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the response. Probably a good idea to get everything on and then look at the track bars and axle shift.

I just like to do everything right.

I've read that I might get up to 2.5" of lift in the front with the Rock Krawler 1.5 springs. I assume I'll get some axle shift but maybe it won't be much. If it's noticeable I'll be adding adjustable trac bars quickly.
Old 06-26-2017, 10:59 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,820 Likes on 1,590 Posts

Originally Posted by IndianaJK
I've read that I might get up to 2.5" of lift in the front with the Rock Krawler 1.5 springs. I assume I'll get some axle shift but maybe it won't be much. If it's noticeable I'll be adding adjustable trac bars quickly.
If you're pretty stock like your avatar pic, then you will most likely see more than 1.5" lift as you're noting. Even at an actual 2.5" lift, the axle shift isn't a whole lot, but if you can afford a front adjustable bar it's a good idea. In the rear you should be fine with a raised bracket and the factory bar.

Reinforcing both the axle side and frame side TB bracket up front is always a good idea in general. Even stock vehicles that don't off road experience component wear and loose bolts.....and even a minor case of DW can eat in to the bolt holes on the stock bracketry.

Quick Reply: Adjustable track bars or brackets for 1.5 springs