Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Body Lifts for 2015 JKU (special edition models)

Old 12-20-2017, 10:02 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Body Lifts for 2015 JKU (special edition models)

So I just found out that most body lifts will not fit a special Moab Edition, such as mine the Freedom Edition. Anyone know any good body lift companies that will work with mine? I have a 4 door with manual trans.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-20-2017, 11:06 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,822 Likes on 1,592 Posts

I've never really researched body lifts, much less on special editions. Mind me asking what's different on the special editions that causes a conflict? I wouldn't think there'd be anything there around the body mounts that is any different than any other JK.
Old 12-20-2017, 11:12 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats what I was wondering... I know mostly anything over 1 or 1.25 inch body lifts requiring cutting around the shifter boot or adding an extension to the shifter... I called several different companies... Rough County and Performance Access. and both stated that it won't fit any special Moab Editions but don't have an explanation... I talk to Quadratec and 4wheelparts and they try telling me that the manufactures are wrong or misunderstood me or where just rude and hung up... ha...

All I know for my "Freedom Edition" there are silly differences like decals and interior items... nothing having to do with the body itself. So thats what brings me here... trying to see if anyone knows anything about this situation... this is my seventh Jeep so adding a lift is nothing new... until recently finding out that these editions are apparently "different" in some way...
Old 12-20-2017, 03:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Probably just trying to save you money.
Old 12-20-2017, 04:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've never understood the thought process behind a body lift on anything other than an old s-box Chevy blazer or tractor tired mud truck ...With so many other options for the JK I'd think a simple spring spacer would be the better/easier option
Old 12-20-2017, 06:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

All that said. I did a leveling kit, Teraflex Performance Leveling kit (springs), and a 1" body. I use the Daystar body lift because the spacers are the same shape as the OEM. https://www.morris4x4center.com/1-bo...kj04520bk.html
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep - New Wheels - Side.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	4.91 MB
ID:	676643  
Old 12-20-2017, 06:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Other pictures in my Albums.

Last edited by RoccoV; 12-20-2017 at 06:43 PM.
Old 12-20-2017, 07:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by gorilla_
So I just found out that most body lifts will not fit a special Moab Edition, such as mine the Freedom Edition. Anyone know any good body lift companies that will work with mine? I have a 4 door with manual trans.

Thanks in advance.
So you spent extra on decals and interior pieces, but you're skimping on the lift?

Clearly you're going for looks, but you should ditch the idea of a body lift entirely. There's absolutely no need for it, go buy a coil spacer lift aka "spacer lift." Save yourself the terrible woes of a body lift, not to mention how disgusting it looks and the fact that you don't gain any suspension travel.
Old 12-20-2017, 07:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RoccoV
All that said. I did a leveling kit, Teraflex Performance Leveling kit (springs), and a 1" body. I use the Daystar body lift because the spacers are the same shape as the OEM. https://www.morris4x4center.com/1-bo...kj04520bk.html
I still don't get it... 200$ leveling kit and 200$ body kit is a good chunk of the cost of a basic proper spring lift. Why body lift at all? Even with the 1.5" spring kit you could fit 35s...
Old 12-21-2017, 02:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Here I'll confuse you even more. I will be doing a 2 1/2" Teraflex lift in the near future.
Why because. It's been 4 years with a leveling kit and it's time for a change. Merry Christmas.

Quick Reply: Best Body Lifts for 2015 JKU (special edition models)