Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice? Torn between ARB stubby and LoD signature shorty

Old 04-01-2016, 10:21 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice? Torn between ARB stubby and LoD signature shorty

Hi, ive slowly been beginning the process of modifying my 2d jk.
I wanted a clean, strong stubby bumper with oe lights and winch mount. I've narrowed it down to the ARB stubby and LoD signature shorty bumpers but I cannot decide which of the two. I'm afraid of buying one and wishing i got the other.
Any advice or suggestions?

Thanks,

Kyle
Old 04-02-2016, 12:05 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the same spot now, looking to change the front bumper.

I love the ARB stubby front. Have the ARB rear it is so awesome. The coating is second to none.

I have an LoD mid right now it is beef cake supreme. I am hung on their stinger sig shorty right now.

Can't see it being bad either way, only thing I will say about the ARB I don't like is the angles by the grill might be leaving the corner exposed.

The LoD has a boxed out end section there to inhibit that contact surface. Just my opinion.

I'm hung up on the genright trail series stinger with radiator hoop. Aluminum with steel winch tray, it just gets me going. Sadly I think I'm going that route. ARB's front and rear definitely crossed my mind.
Old 04-02-2016, 12:08 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also if you go with the LoD, get it with the zinc enriched coat.

I would say it's similar to the coat on the ARB, and that is a spectacular coating. Looks brand new after you wash it and doesn't scrape as easily in rocks.

Having one of each of the brands you're looking at, the quality in both is outstanding. The LoD has much heavier welds, a lot of material and fit and finish are exceptional.

The ARB has what looks to be robotically welded seams, my opinion, but the exterior and hardware included is of the utmost quality. Wouldn't assume any less from their front bumper.

Winch seems to fit lower in the LoD, the ARB has that really cool grill hoop. It really could be a win win on this one.

Last edited by sa29560; 04-02-2016 at 12:15 AM.

Quick Reply: Advice? Torn between ARB stubby and LoD signature shorty