Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aev 2.5 lift

Old 02-20-2018, 02:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aev 2.5 lift

so I’m new here. I have a 2015 Willy’s and want to put the aev 2.5 lift with the control arm drop brackets in. I’d like to run stock wheels and was wondering if I will need spacers? If I do what brand and how wide? I want to run a 35 inch tires so any suggestions? It’s a daily dose over with mild weekend trips offroad. Also I see the kit comes with a rear track bar do I need a diff one for the front? Thanks guys!
Old 02-20-2018, 03:22 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you are going to run 35" tires, you would need spacers otherwise it will rub your inner fenders. Spydertrax are what I would recommend as I had them on my last JKU with 2.5 Teraflex lift on 34" Nitto Grappler. Let me know once you had that AEV lift install as I might go for that option on my 2017 JKU.
Old 02-20-2018, 04:46 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

The general recommendation for 35x12.50's is a 4.5" backspace. You will see this recommendation in the FAQ's and Thoughts on Lifts, (both stuck right to the top of this modified area), and many lift mfg's will post this recommendation right in the notes for their lifts. But, there is no firm rule on this number, as there are too many variables. Lots of people are running 4.75 or 5" backspacers with 35's and report no rubbing.

Stock rims should be roughly 6.25" backspace. (though a few have posted less backspacing on their stock rims) So, if you are considering spacers instead of new rims: 6.25 - 1.50 for a spacer = 4.75" effective backspace.

Both axles are offset to one side after a lift.
That kit comes with a rear raised trackbar bracket, correct? That will center the axle, as well as help with roll-center. Not sure why it comes with a new rear trackbar as well. (anyone else?) If you are ok with the front axle remaining offcenter, it's your choice. Drive it and see what you think. If you choose to center that axle, look for an adjustable trackbar, NOT a raised bracket.

Last edited by nthinuf; 02-20-2018 at 04:56 PM.
Old 02-20-2018, 05:26 PM
JK Newbie

Who do u reccomend for front track bar then?
Old 02-20-2018, 05:33 PM
JK Newbie

Can't speak for other track bars, but I had Teraflex TB and they worked pretty well.
Old 02-20-2018, 05:37 PM
JK Newbie

And 35/12.50r17 will be ok on stock wheels
Old 02-21-2018, 11:18 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,818 Likes on 1,588 Posts

Originally Posted by Fannitti
Who do u reccomend for front track bar then?
Front track bar is a very important component up front. Besides adjustability, and the manner in which they adjust, pay attention to the joints in both ends of the bar. Synergy and TF have models that adjust while installed on the jeep, and that is a really nice feature, but you pay for that feature too. Compare the joints in the Metalcloak, Synergy, Teraflex, JKS, or even the Rock Krawler model to things like Rough Country or Rubicon Express. Pay particular attention to the frame side joints.

If you actually net 2.5" of lift, you're likely to be maybe 1/4" off center up front. You can drive like that if you don't mind, but probably better to have it corrected.
Old 02-21-2018, 12:20 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

I have installed a couple of AEV 2.5's on friends vehicles including one on my own and none never needed an adjustable front track bar to center the axle. this is on my 2016 jkr and it is pretty centered. I would install the lift and if for some reason you feel the need then get one.
Old 02-21-2018, 04:16 PM
JK Newbie

35's are ok without track bar, especially on Rubicon models as they have heavier set than standard JKs. Anything 37s or higher would recommended aftermarket TB, all depends on how much heavier the tires and wheels combined.
Old 02-21-2018, 04:57 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Airkoay76
35's are ok without track bar, especially on Rubicon models as they have heavier set than standard JKs. Anything 37s or higher would recommended aftermarket TB, all depends on how much heavier the tires and wheels combined.
I think the track bar is the same on any model. Could be wrong but first I have heard of it.

Quick Reply: Aev 2.5 lift