JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   AEV discontinues rear bumper/carrier? (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/aev-discontinues-rear-bumper-carrier-137842/)

RustyShovel 07-25-2010 07:11 AM

AEV discontinues rear bumper/carrier?

I've been saving my pennies for an AEV tire carrier. I just went to the website and both the rear bumper and the tire carrier for the JK have been removed from the site. I couldn't even find a photo of either part in their image gallery.

Was there some problem with the rear bumper/carrier that I am not aware of?:dontknow2:

Steel Rain 07-25-2010 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by RustyShovel (Post 1779984)
I've been saving my pennies for an AEV tire carrier. I just went to the website and both the rear bumper and the tire carrier for the JK have been removed from the site. I couldn't even find a photo of either part in their image gallery.

Was there some problem with the rear bumper/carrier that I am not aware of?:dontknow2:

Dont know much about AEV but welcome to the Forum:cool:

ENTRAIL 07-25-2010 08:16 AM

Just left thier web site, the rear bumper and tire carrier are still up and for sale. Try again.:thumbsup:

JPop 07-25-2010 08:59 AM

Although I was able to find the bumper it wouldn't surprise me if it were to be discontinued as it wasn't very well received.:naw:

armycop 07-25-2010 09:11 AM

Their front bumper was perfect, looked exactly like what should have come from the factory. The rear was a good concept, but the little waterjug ends didn't make sense to me and the tube/stamped steel combo was pretty bad IMO. I like their tire carrier idea though, that puts the weight on the frame rails and opens with the tailgate.

Northridge4x4 07-25-2010 10:44 AM

They did not discontinue the rear bumper tire carrier. It is actually a very popular item.

David

FrostByte 07-25-2010 10:59 AM

I love mine, I like the waterjugs also. Everyone I run into on the trails around here are amazed with the quality and the thought put into it. I think a lot people on the forum are turned off just because it's different than what they are used to, and yes a little bit more $$. Got mine form Northridge, give them a call.

RustyShovel 07-25-2010 11:23 AM

Whoops!

I swear it wasn't on the site this morning. :thinking:

I'd prefer jerry can mounts to the water reservoir in the bumper. I just don't think I could keep the inside of a bumper free of mildew. I'd rather store extra gas in there (if only the pump was long enough to reach the gas tank). I may get the tire carrier first, then get the bumper after I thrash the stocker.

Again, sorry for the screwup.

RustyShovel 07-25-2010 11:29 AM

I'm impressed that nobody flamed me.

Your restraint is noted.:clap:

ARinmyJK 07-25-2010 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by RustyShovel (Post 1780262)
I'm impressed that nobody flamed me.

Your restraint is noted.:clap:

I've been in a number of vehicle and other special interest forums over the years. This forum is very civil :thumbsup: