JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   aftermarket throttle bodies (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/aftermarket-throttle-bodies-46342/)

ZoSo-Green 07-02-2008 02:00 AM

aftermarket throttle bodies

I,ve sent "BBK" and "Holley" an e-mail asking if there any plans
for performance TB's and camshaft kits for th 3.8. We need more
performance options! lets all bombard them with e-mails.

ZoSo-Green 07-02-2008 06:55 PM

Damn guys don't leave me hangin' !

Tell me you don't more power. Tell me your not jealous of the 4.0 guys and all the options they have. I went from a V8 to a
4 banger and vowed never to do it again, but now my wife and her Explorer can blow my doors off (when they are on :D)

Sure, I've never had any prob's on the trail, but this is a weak motor.

Mutts08JK 07-02-2008 07:38 PM

In due time just because it is a minivan engine doesn't mean it isn't going to have a plethra of performance goddies on down the road. I wise man once told me that Patience is key virtue to everything, oh wait I said that. lol or heard it from somewhere and just don't remember... anyways it is in a jeep now and trust me new goodies are in development because as always JEEPS RULE and people have a nitch on Jeepers. So to make us happy and them richer they will make em it's just a mater of time before they start comming out.

chuck45 07-02-2008 07:51 PM

I've recently spent some time in Moab and the Ouray/Telluride area with my 08 JK 4dr with auto, 35's and 5.13's. I find it just fine around town (below 40) and off road. I was up at 12,900 and had no complaints about power at all.

But getting going from 4500 to 8500 ft at 65-70 was a pain in the butt. It did it but downshifted too often. Whatever mods come I want them to boost power primarily in the 2500-3000 RPM range. If more power could start coming in at 2000 RPM that would be good for offroad. Power in the 3500-6000 range isn't that important if your peak torque is 2500-3000.

If I can gloat a bit; it is great having Moab 90 miles tothe west and Ouray and the San Juans 95 miles to the south. Gotta love it.

deconstructionist 07-02-2008 08:26 PM

my guess is that it'll be a while-- as soooooooooo much of the motor is computer controlled-- too much of anything in one realm and the 'puter will start thowing codes and/or start taming other aspects.

But heck...if all you want is power....just re-gear to 5:33's and throw on some 20 X 5.5 R13's and you'll be roasting tires off every day:rotflmao2:

ZoSo-Green 07-02-2008 10:13 PM

Chuck you suck :thumbsup: 5.13's... and living that close to all the goodies.

SH_T , I'm on the other end of the world (South GA) and still runnin' a girly 3.21.
HOWEVER... i'm convinced that the proper cam grind and more fuel will wake this dog
(BULLDAWG) up on the low end.

I think DC just didn't want to say that the fancy new Wrangler only gets 12 mpg!

chuck45 07-02-2008 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by ZoSo-Green (Post 578387)
Chuck you suck :thumbsup: 5.13's... and living that close to all the goodies.

SH_T , I'm on the other end of the world (South GA) and still runnin' a girly 3.21.
HOWEVER... i'm convinced that the proper cam grind and more fuel will wake this dog
(BULLDAWG) up on the low end.

I think DC just didn't want to say that the fancy new Wrangler only gets 12 mpg!

Well I did ask to transfer here; you all are welcome to come too. There is lots of work at good wages too.

I am very impressed with how well the Rubi works off-road with the 35 KM2's, 5.13's, lockers and auto. It just walks up and down everything with little fuss at all. the disco's and RE 3.5 help too. My 98 TJ just plain dies above 7000 ft and this little bugger is fine at 13,000! If only it would handle the 65-75 MPH getting here as well. If somebody gets a supercharger dialed in that makes TORQUE in the 2500-3500 range I may be a buyer. That may even be easier on the engine than making a high HP number at 5500 RPM.

brent_f70 07-03-2008 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by chuck45 (Post 578420)
Well I did ask to transfer here; you all are welcome to come too. There is lots of work at good wages too.

I am very impressed with how well the Rubi works off-road with the 35 KM2's, 5.13's, lockers and auto. It just walks up and down everything with little fuss at all. the disco's and RE 3.5 help too. My 98 TJ just plain dies above 7000 ft and this little bugger is fine at 13,000! If only it would handle the 65-75 MPH getting here as well. If somebody gets a supercharger dialed in that makes TORQUE in the 2500-3500 range I may be a buyer. That may even be easier on the engine than making a high HP number at 5500 RPM.

Chuck....if serious about your power needs you should drop by Avenger in colorado springs. Has a wicked 4dr JK with his supercharger on it....That thing screams!!!!!! He installs them in his shop and has a lot of contacts with DC engineers. The man know his stuff!!! Plus its cool just to walk around his shop and check out the rides!!

pearl-drum-man 07-03-2008 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by ZoSo-Green (Post 576823)
I,ve sent "BBK" and "Holley" an e-mail asking if there any plans
for performance TB's and camshaft kits for th 3.8. We need more
performance options! lets all bombard them with e-mails.

I'm all for more options (and power), but likely it would be the same result as every other bolt-on power adder for the JK, hundreds of dollars spent to add 10HP or less;)

RedneckJeep 07-03-2008 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by pearl-drum-man (Post 578472)
I'm all for more options (and power), but likely it would be the same result as every other bolt-on power adder for the JK, hundreds of dollars spent to add 10HP or less;)

N2O That's all I gotta say about that. LOL