Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Airbag and clockspring recall. Issue with Superchips?

Old 08-07-2017, 04:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airbag and clockspring recall. Issue with Superchips?

Quick question. Have an appointment to get three recalls dealt with tomorrow. The clockspring and passenger airbag will be fixed, along with the transmission skid plate being replaced (which I think I'll opt out of).

Anyway, will I need to set my jeep back to stock or can I leave my Superchips settings active? I have the 87 tune and tire size set to correct my speedo. Anyone ever had these recalls done? Will it be an issue to leave it as is?

Thanks!
Old 08-07-2017, 04:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tell them you have a chip in it and it will not be a problem, at least for me it was not a problem getting any updates.
Old 08-07-2017, 06:10 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

^^ that's exactly what I did- "I have a tuner in the vehicle so please do not flash any software without consulting me". They just unplug the battery, change things, then plug it back up. It was a solid hour for the clockspring replacement.
Old 08-07-2017, 06:25 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

I've seen a few posts where not setting back to stock before going to the dealer caused problems with the tuner.

Just to be on the safe side, I always set back to stock before going to the dealer. It guarantees the tuner will see the dealer's updates, if any are installed, as the new "stock" settings when you reinstall your custom tune.
Old 08-07-2017, 06:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was told the computer needs to be reflashed after the airbag recall is performed so I set mine back to stock before I took it in.
Old 08-07-2017, 06:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jtphoto JK
I was told the computer needs to be reflashed after the airbag recall is performed so I set mine back to stock before I took it in.
Thanks for the help. I think I'll reset it just to be safe. Do I need to change the tire size back to stock or just reset the engine tune?
Old 08-07-2017, 08:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by homeless
Thanks for the help. I think I'll reset it just to be safe. Do I need to change the tire size back to stock or just reset the engine tune?
Just the engine tune. But the newer version of Superchips has back to stock feature that sets everything including tire size back to stock.
Old 08-07-2017, 08:32 PM
JK Super Freak

I don't turn mine back to stock anymore as it puts my Jeep into limp mode for some reason, pretty sure its because of my gears. So I just leave it and no issues.

Quick Reply: Airbag and clockspring recall. Issue with Superchips?