Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AirRaid intake installed last night

Old 01-24-2007, 06:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AirRaid intake installed last night

I got my new AirRAid CAI delivered and installed last night.

Not too hard to install but if you get any CAI be VERY careful removing the temp sensor. It was more difficult to extract than I had anticipated and I accidently grabbed the electrical connector and broke off the little latch that keeps it tightly together.

I managed to salvage it, at least temporarily, though.

Also, on the AirRaid, you have to assemble the heat shield with seven little screws. I (being the kind of guy who likes his screws really tight ) sheared one of the screw shanks off. Luckily I had some other screws and nuts laying around that almost fit. I had to drill out the hole a little.

Finally, I haven't had my JK over 35 MPH since I installed the CAI so I can't really report on any performance gains. It does sound a little bit throatier now at higher revvs.
Old 01-24-2007, 09:02 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let us know how it sounds and how the mileage is.

Thanks
Old 01-30-2007, 01:11 PM
JK Newbie

Any update?? I was thinking about doing the same thing. Also was thinking about a cat back exhaust too.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

No real update yet. Still been driving around town. Gas mileage while still stock went up to 18 until I put the lift and wheels on it. Now it won't measure correctly and I have to wait til I get gas again to see the difference. I will be taking it on the highway this weekend and will see haow it does there.

I will probably do the exhaust too sometime this year.
Old 01-30-2007, 02:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jeephrog
on the AirRaid, you have to assemble the heat shield with seven little screws.
I researched both AirRaid and AEM Brute Force assembly instructions prior to my purchase. Based on the instructions, assembly was one of the reasons I went with the AEM Brute Force instead of the AirRaid. I think both products are comparable.

Quick Reply: AirRaid intake installed last night