Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Alignment?

Old 05-14-2019, 07:10 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alignment?

2018 JK Rubicon, 1 1/2" spring spacers up front, 1" rear. Longer sway bar links. My question is...
All of the suspension manufactures are saying I need an alignment after the spacers and links. How is this?
Am I missing something, Spacers and links have nothing to do with alignment, right? The only adjustment is for these jeeps, (besides track bar side to side) is the tie rod, Jeep drives straight, so this is not an issue.

I believe nothing is to be done with only installing spacers and links.
Thanks

My bad, already been answered, will try to delete this, sorry.

Last edited by FAN_BLADE; 05-14-2019 at 07:27 AM. Reason: need to delete
Old 05-14-2019, 09:36 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

Some alignment shops will do free checks, where they just throw it on the machine and print the 'before' specs. If you have some time and can find a place, it's not a bad idea to have that printout just so you know where you're at.

But yeah, unless you add other components, all you are paying an alignment shop for is centering the steering wheel (drag link) which should have been done as part of the lift, and checking the Toe (tie rod) which should not change because of the lift. The Caster (control arms), Camber (ball joints/bent C's/bent housing), and Axle Centering (trackbar) are not adjustable.
Old 05-14-2019, 12:22 PM
JK Newbie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You are correct - you don't "need" an alignment. The manufacturers are covering their asses. The higher you go though, the worse your caster and pinion angle get, but you aren't high enough with those mods to worry about it. Re-center the steering wheel and call it done.

Quick Reply: Alignment?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: