Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All American made build.

Old 02-18-2016, 06:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All American made build.

I am collecting parts for my 2013 JKU build. I am only buying American made parts, which can be difficult. Can't stand the thought of installing Chinese made parts on the one of the most iconic American made vehicles ever made. So far my locker, axle sleeves, front axle armor, ball joints, and tires are all USA products. Still have to get lift, armor, steering, cage. The only impossible thing to source from America will be a CB radio. Anyone else share my thoughts/ passion about American made products?
Old 02-18-2016, 06:08 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Have you looked at the window sticker to see what other parts you need to replace because they were not made in America?

I get the 'murica thing and I avoid buying directly from overseas but these things are not as American as you may think and for many of us, it comes down to price point. After purchasing affordable products for years, I'm starting to replace the weaker components with "made in America" parts but it won't deter me from buying something else affordable.
Old 02-18-2016, 06:35 PM
JK Newbie

I've been in the car bud for over thirty years and very well know there is no such thing as a completely American made vehicle. Some Japanese cars are more American than the big three. I can't control that, I can however control the purchase of upgrade parts. In the case of Jeep aftermarket parts, I firmly believe that products made in America are of better quality than those made overseas. I see so many mall crawlers running around with every Chinese bolt on accessory made. I'll take a set of Crawler Conceptz, or Hard Rock sliders any day over the Chinese sliders that adorn so many JK's that will never see a trail. Just my two cents and rant.
Old 02-18-2016, 07:02 PM
JK Newbie

"Car biz" lol
Old 02-18-2016, 08:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ROXNMUD
I've been in the car bud for over thirty years and very well know there is no such thing as a completely American made vehicle. Some Japanese cars are more American than the big three. I can't control that, I can however control the purchase of upgrade parts. In the case of Jeep aftermarket parts, I firmly believe that products made in America are of better quality than those made overseas. I see so many mall crawlers running around with every Chinese bolt on accessory made. I'll take a set of Crawler Conceptz, or Hard Rock sliders any day over the Chinese sliders that adorn so many JK's that will never see a trail. Just my two cents and rant.
I dont care where its made as long as its a good quality part. Germany / japan / norway / america dosent bother me at all. I dont belive that american products are inherintly any better then any other place. It comes down to quality control and the company you are purchasing from.
Old 02-18-2016, 08:19 PM
JK Freak

Last time I saw someone do a "whats the most american car", it was the Toyota Land Cruiser and it was something like 70%-80% american.

What they did to qualify american car was percentage of parts that are Made in USA, Where the vehicle was assembled, Company US or OUS, etc.

Currently Jeep is owned by Chrysler who is owned by Fiat (an Italian company)... Just saying.

That being said, I try to buy american made too, but if the american product is inferior in quality then I get the other. I will pay extra and wait longer for made in the USA stuff as long as the quality is as good or better than other made OUS options.
Old 02-19-2016, 10:05 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We are proud to make our hoods in the U.S. but it is getting harder and harder to do with the overwhelming influx of cheap Chinese knocks offs.

Our hat goes off to you and those who still continue to support American made products. Thank you
Old 08-13-2018, 09:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Im curious to what radio is that?
Old 08-13-2018, 07:42 PM
Super Moderator

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

Good luck, I commend you!

My experience has been "Made in America" is starting to mean, made by Indian and Mexican immigrant workers brought over on temporary work visas while the liberals criticize Trump for cracking down on immigration.
Old 08-14-2018, 05:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Ace Engineering is out of Michigan. Their products are reasonably priced and really good quality, and the customer service is fantastic.

Quick Reply: All American made build.