Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any experience with Falken Wildpeak M/T's ??

Old 09-20-2017, 04:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Any experience with Falken Wildpeak M/T's ??

Looking to replace the rubber soon and thinking about trying these out. I currently have the Nitto Trail Grapplers and love them however the price difference between the 2 is almost $100 each tire!

I run a 35 x 12.50 17. The retail price of the Nitto is ridiculous. I managed to find them (Nitto Trail Grappler) on Walmart's website for $327 each. Not bad. However compare that to the Falken Wildpeak M/T at $268 and the savings start to add up for 5 tires!

Anyone run them? Thoughts? I'm an overlander with some seasonal snow/ice but mostly desert terrain with minimal mud. FYI, I was shocked at how well the Trail Grapplers did last winter up at my cabin on icey roads. Zero slippage if you can believe it.
Old 09-20-2017, 04:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Here's links to the 2 for reference...

Falken's - Wildpeak

Nitto's - Trail Grapplers
Old 09-20-2017, 04:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

If price is your biggest concern, check out tread wright. I've been looking at tires a lot lately and doing some research. Their 35's are less than $200 and the remolding process they use seems to be top notch. When the time comes, I'll probably be going with a set of their mt claws or at wardens.

https://www.treadwright.com
Old 09-20-2017, 04:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Wuebben.2
If price is your biggest concern, check out tread wright. I've been looking at tires a lot lately and doing some research. Their 35's are less than $200 and the remolding process they use seems to be top notch. When the time comes, I'll probably be going with a set of their mt claws or at wardens.

https://www.treadwright.com
Are those retreads? If not, what is the difference between remolding and retreading?
Old 09-20-2017, 05:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by dmwil
Are those retreads? If not, what is the difference between remolding and retreading?
There are some good YouTube videos that explain it a lot better than what I can, but basically they shave off all the outer rubber from bead to bead and replace it with uncured rubber and mold/cure it with the same technique that new tires go through.
Old 09-21-2017, 11:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Money isn't the main concern. But like I said, after 5 new shoes I may as well save some! As far as TreadWright's, I'm sure they have a quality product but I just don't trust anything retreaded or remolded or re-anything. It's new factory rubber for me.

With that said... crickets in here! Nobody run the Falkens?
Old 09-22-2017, 12:39 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Saw my first set in person the other day on a half ton chevy. Tire looked great I've been eyeballing them for a while so hopefully someone has some insight. I know I heard great things about the competition version of this tire, same tread pattern different compound.
Old 09-22-2017, 09:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Treadwrights are awesome. Grip better than any tire I have ever had and wear like iron. Easily can get 40-50K miles out of them. This is my 4th set on different vehicles and this is the first set of their new remolds and they look amazing. I only paid $687 for the set of 4 delivered with the 5% discount code. Mine are 35x12.50x20. Here is a couple pics.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Treadwright_Claw.JPG
Views:	307
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	675031Click image for larger version

Name:	Bridgeton Jeep 042.JPG
Views:	400
Size:	4.74 MB
ID:	675032Click image for larger version

Name:	Bridgeton Jeep 045.JPG
Views:	332
Size:	4.44 MB
ID:	675033Click image for larger version

Name:	Bridgeton Jeep 040.JPG
Views:	316
Size:	4.99 MB
ID:	675034Click image for larger version

Name:	Bridgeton Jeep 048.JPG
Views:	1206
Size:	4.98 MB
ID:	675035
Old 09-24-2017, 11:25 AM
Super Moderator

Received 356 Likes on 332 Posts
Default I run Falken WildPeak AT3s.. 28570r17s... Really Impressive!

Low noise on hwy, good wet pavement .. have not been off road. as of now Would buy again.

Originally Posted by WaterRat72
Looking to replace the rubber soon and thinking about trying these out. I currently have the Nitto Trail Grapplers and love them however the price difference between the 2 is almost $100 each tire!

I run a 35 x 12.50 17. The retail price of the Nitto is ridiculous. I managed to find them (Nitto Trail Grappler) on Walmart's website for $327 each. Not bad. However compare that to the Falken Wildpeak M/T at $268 and the savings start to add up for 5 tires!

Anyone run them? Thoughts? I'm an overlander with some seasonal snow/ice but mostly desert terrain with minimal mud. FYI, I was shocked at how well the Trail Grapplers did last winter up at my cabin on icey roads. Zero slippage if you can believe it.
Old 09-25-2017, 03:59 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by WaterRat72

We get a lot of solid customer from both the Nitto Trail Grappler and Falken Wildpeak M/T01 tires. We carry both tires and guarantee the lowest delivered price on the internet. Our pricing includes free shipping and no tax to CA. Here is a link to them online:

Falken and Nito 35/12.50R-17 Tires | Discount Tire Direct

Shoot us a PM if we can help.

Last edited by Discount Tire; 09-25-2017 at 04:02 PM.

Quick Reply: Any experience with Falken Wildpeak M/T's ??