JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   Any kind of Seat relocation devices out there ? (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/any-kind-seat-relocation-devices-out-there-116174/)

Easyryder01 01-23-2010 06:19 PM

Any kind of Seat relocation devices out there ?

I am 6'4" and 300lbs with a size 11 1/2 shoe I have problems with my knees and I would most definitely would love to have some more room to stretch my legs a little bit more. I see that they make seat relocation brackets for other previous jeeps why don't they make them for ours ?

WymansPond 01-23-2010 08:10 PM

It could be done by a local fabricator but when I took my stock seats out there are allot of connections underneath the passenger seat to deal with. If anything take the passenger seat out and you will have a better idea of what you are dealing with. There are weight senors underneath the passenger seat for the light on the dash and also to feed the airbag system.

what you would need is to change the position of the seat back 3 inches so that it sat back on the top rail 3 inches from the standard position. a piece of stock 1" corner would work with the necessary holes drilled in it to attach to the factory frame. hence the need for a fabricator to build.

mkjeep 01-23-2010 08:27 PM

Maybe cut the floorboard and put a Woods enlargement tub down there.:D

kevinc 01-24-2010 03:42 AM

Im in the same boat, and found someone elses write up last year and followed what he did. If you remove the seat form the frame, there are 3 studs on each side going down into the frame. the back 2 studs are spaced about 2" from each other. you can slide the seat back so that the 2nd stud goes into the last hole, and drill a new hole for the front stud. This will give you just over 2" of additional leg room. I have had it this way for just under a year and havent had any problems.

chopper29 01-24-2010 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by Easyryder01 (Post 1528193)
I am 6'4" and 300lbs with a size 11 1/2 shoe I have problems with my knees and I would most definitely would love to have some more room to stretch my legs a little bit more. I see that they make seat relocation brackets for other previous jeeps why don't they make them for ours ?

4 wheel drive hardware has big boy seat brackets for a tj. it gives ya 4 more inches of room. part number jbbtj250d. i know u dont have a tj but may wanna check them out. u might be able to make them work. hell they may have them for the jk now. im not sure.

starfire65 01-24-2010 03:29 PM

The first "mod" I made to my JK was done the night I got it home.

I raised the front seat mounts I order to make my knees bend.

It gave me some more room in addition to making my legs more comfortable.

I recommend it.

kevinc 01-24-2010 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by starfire65 (Post 1529350)
The first "mod" I made to my JK was done the night I got it home.

I raised the front seat mounts I order to make my knees bend.

It gave me some more room in addition to making my legs more comfortable.

I recommend it.

How did you raise the mounts? Does it crowd your legs with the steering wheel?

starfire65 01-24-2010 03:43 PM

Sorry - now that I read that it's a bit unclear - I apologize I'm on my phone.

I raised the front 2 mounts of the driver's seat only. It removes the forward rake inthe seat bottom.

I did it to an SJ I had back in the day also. For me it makes the seat way more comfy.

starfire65 01-24-2010 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by kevinc (Post 1529370)
How did you raise the mounts? Does it crowd your legs with the steering wheel?

I put about 10 fender washers under each mount and used a longer bolt.

Yes, I had to tilt the wheel up a bit, but for me it's worth it.

Easyryder01 01-27-2010 09:26 AM

Do you have any pics of this upgrade ?