JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   Anyone added .5 inch or 1 inch spacers with a Teraflex 2.5 coil lift? (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/anyone-added-5-inch-1-inch-spacers-teraflex-2-5-coil-lift-340685/)

RnR 03-01-2017 05:05 PM

Anyone added .5 inch or 1 inch spacers with a Teraflex 2.5 coil lift?

3 Attachment(s)
I lost some height when I added steel bumpers and a winch. The guys at TF suggested half inch coil spacers on the front and back. Has anyone done this on a 2 door JK?

I was wondering if adding half inch or even 1 inch spacers would be to much for 33s and would also mess up the drive shaft or steering axle.

Feedback please.

MrChuckles 03-01-2017 05:19 PM

I lost a little as well after bumpers with the same lift, but I'm running 37s. I can't imagine 33s would need any more lift.

nthinuf 03-01-2017 05:23 PM

You have flats and plenty of space in the wheel wells. Think I'd just leave it alone. :dontknow2:

RnR 03-01-2017 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by MrChuckles (Post 4280595)
I lost a little as well after bumpers with the same lift, but I'm running 37s. I can't imagine 33s would need any more lift.

Need and want got blurry after ditching perfectly good stock rims :blush:.

I'm taking the hardtop off and replacing it with a frameless softtop, that may give some back.

RnR 03-01-2017 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by nthinuf (Post 4280599)
You have flats and plenty of space in the wheel wells. Think I'd just leave it alone. :dontknow2:

True.

MrChuckles 03-01-2017 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by RnR (Post 4280600)
Need and want got blurry after ditching perfectly good stock rims :blush:. I'm taking the hardtop off and replacing it with a frameless softtop, that may give some back.

Gotcha. Well, I want to stretch and comp cut this bad boy and add tons and 42s. lol One of these days...

MAJKF 03-02-2017 06:38 AM

I added TF 1" spacers in the rear. when i first put on my TF 2.5 coils i was nose up due to hardtop and full width steel bumper/tire carrier. I am happy with the spacers. Simple install and does what made to do. If i had to do it over i wouldnt go with TF coils due to how wide their rear springs are. Ive had issues with rubbing.

Mjp83 04-09-2017 03:10 AM

I also ran 3/4" spacers on my last JK with the TF 2.5 coil kit. My 315's looked a lot better and less stuffed with the spacers installed. I just put them on the frame, followed by the rubber insulators and then the coil.

Biginboca 04-09-2017 06:39 AM

What you've got going on looks good, I would also leave it alone. More lift = more potential problems, and there isn't even any valid reason to lift it since you have a 2 door your breakover angle is good. You won't gain any usable performance and only invite more issues.

Where are you in N Georgia? I go up to the Blue Ridge/Ellijay area a couple times a year. I really love t up there but every time I go Beasley Knob is closed lol

catahoula 04-09-2017 07:18 AM

I would leave it as well.