Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else break the adjustment knobs off their Rancho RS9000XL shocks?

Old 11-27-2011, 04:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone else break the adjustment knobs off their Rancho RS9000XL shocks?

I just put a set of these on my Jeep a couple months ago. This past Friday I finally got to take them wheeling and stretch them out. We weren't more than 3 hours in when we took a break for lunch. I checked underneath and both the rear adjustment knobs were torn off, but there isn't even a scratch on either shock body. I had a feeling when I installed them that this might be I problem, but now I'm kicking myself for it because I have two rear shocks that are stuck on the firmest setting, which is way too harsh for street driving. I guess I should have bought bar-pin eliminators, cut and removed the pin, hacked off the plastic "boot" with a dremel tool, and installed them upside down.......OR maybe they should have just come that way from Rancho?
Old 02-24-2013, 05:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have broken mine twice. The first time I went to an offroad show and Rancho gave me some for free. Now I can't seem to find them online.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:26 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why don't you just install them facing the axle. That's what I did and have had them for two years no prob.

Quick Reply: Anyone else break the adjustment knobs off their Rancho RS9000XL shocks?