Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have similar issues when ordering from Extreme Terrain?

Old 09-27-2017, 09:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have similar issues when ordering from Extreme Terrain?

I'm hoping this is the proper place to put this thread. I would think all modified JK tech would start with researching and ordering parts. That's the topic of my question; who do you guys like to order from? Do you just go for the lowest price? Do you trust one particular online source?

I recently ordered some new parts to revamp my front end/suspension including: Synergy track bar, Synergy drag link, Tera Flex HD ball joints and ORV steering stabilizer from Extreme Terrain. Synergy tie rod from Northridge 4X4 and JKS quick disconnect sway bar links from Quadratech.

I installed the track bar myself as soon as it arrived but I plan to have everything else installed a the dealer where my brother works (getting a good labor rate). All of the items except the ball joints ended up shipping out and arriving at my house except for the ball joints from Extreme Terrain. After 9 days I finally emailed Extreme Terrain and asked them what was up with the ball joints. About 24 hours later their customer service person gets back to me and says that the ball joints are out of stock and won't be shipped until 10/4 (25 days after the order was placed). I quickly reply that I'm dissatisfied with that and unhappy that no one ever contacted me to let me know what was going on because their site indicated that the ball joints were in stock when I placed the order (I made sure of it). Extreme Terrain comes back to me and apologizes claiming that their inventory management system is not very good so it's hit or miss as to whether an item is really in stock or not. They offer me a $30 store credit to which I decline and ask them to cancel the order because the same item is in stock at several other place online and I want to get my Jeep in to the dealer with all the parts to get finished. After a week of going back and forth with the Extreme Terrain customer service I finally get confirmation that my ball joints order is canceled and I'm being refunded. If it wasn't such a hassle I'd ship back all the parts in my $750 order. I don't want to deal with them again. I ordered the same Tera Flex HD ball joints from Northridge 4X4 who had them in stock with free shipping.

What are your go-to online parts favorites and why?
Old 09-28-2017, 02:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I mainly use Quadratec and Northridge. Great service and free shipping when over specified amounts
Old 09-28-2017, 04:34 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,585 Posts

Retailer offering the lowest price, free shipping, and no tax is what gets my biz......and that is most often Northridge using a discount code. Northridge also has great customer service and has an online chat that is quick and responsive for small inquires. Every now and then I'll order something from Quadtratec as they do offer some things you can't find on other sites, but since they charge tax on sales to Texas it's not a preferred site for me. I would note that they will discount for Forum members, but you have to call them up....keep that in mind if you ever order something.

Last edited by resharp001; 09-28-2017 at 04:36 AM.
Old 09-28-2017, 08:03 AM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I order exclusively from Offroad Elements as Eric seems to have the best prices and service every time. For the OEM parts or consumables, I like Rockauto as I can look up my own parts with brand selections and not have to deal with the parts counter idiot. I've dealt with Northridge in the past as well and never an issue but they set up in CO = + taxes.
Old 09-29-2017, 05:10 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default i like Quadratec

out of all the vendors . My orders arrive quickly and no damage or headaches
ive ordered from most of them and Quadratec has gained my trust on pricing and
delivery . off road elements is good too. So these two will do for any of my purchases
where others have failed in one way or another.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5466 (4).jpg
Views:	398
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	675171  
Old 09-29-2017, 08:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've never had any bad experiences. The site is clean and easy to navigate. Competitive pricing. Free shipping on large orders. And discounts for forum members.
Old 09-30-2017, 04:56 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Northridge for big items and Quadratec for little stuff. I’ve actually visited Northridge’s CO location and met a few of the guys. A really good, knowledgeable group! I like sticking to one company like Northridge as that maintains a history of all of the components I have purchased and they can offer advice on future upgrades if I have questions.
Old 09-30-2017, 06:08 AM
JK Freak

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Interesting. I’ve ordered several times through Extreme Terrain with no problems. I’ve also received excellent customer service.

As an example I ordered a bumper through them. Installed it and discovered a problem. Contacted Extreme Terrain and they immediately gave me a partial credit on the bumper, sent me a new one, and gave me all the tags I needed to send the old one back once I got it off.
Old 09-30-2017, 07:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by resharp001
Retailer offering the lowest price, free shipping, and no tax is what gets my biz.
Ditto.
Received a used drive-shaft from something? from Quadratec once when I ordered a new one for my old TJ. They corrected it quickly.
Purchased a few thousand$ worth from Extreme without issue.
Northridge is kinda local, but did buy a complete take-off Rubicon axle set from them off this Forum which they shipped free in two days.
Old 10-03-2017, 06:01 AM
JK Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I will never buy from extreme terrain due to their dishonest pricing tactics. They always advertise an inflated market price then show a discount % and the selling price. The selling price is normally msrp or equivalent. Falsely increasing the msrp to show a discount that isn't real is bad business. Don't believe me, see for yourself.

Quick Reply: Anyone have similar issues when ordering from Extreme Terrain?