Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have similar issues when ordering from Extreme Terrain?

Old 02-17-2019, 06:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to revive an old thread .. i was going to start a new thread but did a search and came across this one... found some Barricade rock sliders/steps on extreme terrain website and it's appealing because they ship to canada with a flat shipping rate including duties and taxes (not sure if other vendors like quadratec or northridge do)
i've never heard of barricade before nor extreme terrain as i've been out of the Jeep loop for a good 4 years
i see some mixed reviews for extreme terrain but what about barricade products?
Old 02-17-2019, 06:44 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,818 Likes on 1,588 Posts

Originally Posted by snakeyes76
sorry to revive an old thread .. i was going to start a new thread but did a search and came across this one... found some Barricade rock sliders/steps on extreme terrain website and it's appealing because they ship to canada with a flat shipping rate including duties and taxes (not sure if other vendors like quadratec or northridge do)
i've never heard of barricade before nor extreme terrain as i've been out of the Jeep loop for a good 4 years
i see some mixed reviews for extreme terrain but what about barricade products?
I'd say Barricade would be more along the lines of Smittybilt and the like. It's not high end like PSC, EVO, Metalcoak, GenRight, but it might suit your purpose for sliders if you're not out using them hardcore and beating on em. They are not my preference, but I think you could feel safer ordering from ET than say, buying from some rando on eBay if you're having issues finding vendors that ship up north or the border. If you just need a step and aren't really using it as offroad protection, you might look at what EAG (E-autogrilles) has up there. Again, not high end at all but I mention as I believe they are a Canadian company, which may or may not make a difference to you. They are a sponsor here, which is NOT why I mention them at all, but you might check and see if they offer discounts for members. I've never looked.
The following users liked this post:
snakeyes76 (02-17-2019)
Old 02-17-2019, 06:56 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

A side note, XT sells on eBay as AftermarketPros or something to that effect. I've bought from them at highly discounted prices. It's the -exact- same thing as the Smittybilt.
Old 02-17-2019, 07:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by resharp001
I'd say Barricade would be more along the lines of Smittybilt and the like. It's not high end like PSC, EVO, Metalcoak, GenRight, but it might suit your purpose for sliders if you're not out using them hardcore and beating on em. They are not my preference, but I think you could feel safer ordering from ET than say, buying from some rando on eBay if you're having issues finding vendors that ship up north or the border. If you just need a step and aren't really using it as offroad protection, you might look at what EAG (E-autogrilles) has up there. Again, not high end at all but I mention as I believe they are a Canadian company, which may or may not make a difference to you. They are a sponsor here, which is NOT why I mention them at all, but you might check and see if they offer discounts for members. I've never looked.
i had the ACE rock sliders on my 2010 JKU and the Barricade look similar to them. they allow you to keep the original rubi rail and they would suit the purpose for mild off roading and as a step for ingress/egress ease. the problem is budget/selection. the jeep is the wifey's and she's picky (surprise) so she likes the look of the slightly upslanted bars and definitely doesn't want a dedicated step even though the chances of her actually taking off-road are slim to none, at least for now. i was originally looking at the rock hard patriot series (RH-6008) but the price difference is substantial.. thanks for the info
Old 02-17-2019, 09:59 AM
Super Moderator

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by snakeyes76
i had the ACE rock sliders on my 2010 JKU and the Barricade look similar to them. they allow you to keep the original rubi rail and they would suit the purpose for mild off roading and as a step for ingress/egress ease. the problem is budget/selection. the jeep is the wifey's and she's picky (surprise) so she likes the look of the slightly upslanted bars and definitely doesn't want a dedicated step even though the chances of her actually taking off-road are slim to none, at least for now. i was originally looking at the rock hard patriot series (RH-6008) but the price difference is substantial.. thanks for the info
I would recommend to stay away from the Barracade products. Yes, they're very cost effective. I was originally looking at their bumpers when I was looking for a front winch mountable bumper. The cost savings comes in the form of poor welds and a very bad powder coating process, many have also complained about fitment issues. Do some Google searches on Barricade Rust problems. They look good new but.....

A fella at my work seemed to have gotten one of those inexpensive Barricade bumpers. You be the judge if this is something you want to be dealing with. He also has the rear Barricade matching bumper...and yes, the rust matches the front very well.

I believe this is what it used to look like new.
https://www.extremeterrain.com/barri...er-j20850.html

Last edited by Rednroll; 02-17-2019 at 10:07 AM.
snakeyes76 (02-17-2019)
Old 02-17-2019, 10:04 AM
Super Moderator

If you're looking for a better quality more budget friendly aftermarket product line solution, one of my personal favorites are the Aries products. I have a set of their tube doors and can vouch for the quality of their powder coating. It may be worth checking out to see if they offer anything that floats your boat. I'm no stranger to purchasing budget friendly products, if I were to even consider purchasing anything made by Barricade, I would sand it down and re-paint it before ever considering to install it.

https://www.ariesautomotive.com/

Last edited by Rednroll; 02-17-2019 at 10:27 AM.
snakeyes76 (02-17-2019)
Old 02-18-2019, 11:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I bought the TJ rocker guards back in 2015 and didn't have any problem.
They where actually a damn good product. Guess that was the old days.
Old 02-19-2019, 03:31 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by JKUsport16
I bought the TJ rocker guards back in 2015 and didn't have any problem.
They where actually a damn good product. Guess that was the old days.
It will also depend on your area in which you live. If you live in a state like Arizona, you probably don't have to worry much about rust concerns. I live in Michigan which is one of the states in the Mid-west "Rust belt" and uses salt on the roads during the winters. So the picture I posted is the combination of poor quality powder coating along with being used in a rust belt state.

Your profile seems to indicate you're from Georgia. When folks from Michigan want to purchase an old classic car and want to feel comfortable it is not rusted out....we drive down to Georgia. So yeah, you could probably purchase a bare piece of steel and put it on your rig and not worry about getting that much rust.

Last edited by Rednroll; 02-19-2019 at 03:36 AM.
Old 02-19-2019, 04:43 AM
JK Newbie

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

You have a good point, but I was also talking about no problems with shipping or anything else. It was back in early 2015. They took a beating and was well worth
the price. Looks like I would avoid buying anything from them now for my JKU.

Quick Reply: Anyone have similar issues when ordering from Extreme Terrain?