Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone running Alloy USA ball joints?

Old 10-09-2012, 03:20 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Anyone running Alloy USA ball joints?

I saw an ALLOY USA kit for sale on fleabay last night and was wondering if anyone has them mounted up? Looked like a great quality kit for a good deal. 150 bucks for all four joints. they look similar to the brand who shaw not be named in build quality and design. I think mine are starting to go south, so a affordable upgrade like this would be great!
Old 10-09-2012, 03:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They're greasable and all steel so they should be much better than OEM. They're also sold by a vendor here, link:

EAD Offroad **New** Alloy USA Dana 30/44 Heavy Duty Ball Joint Kit
Old 10-11-2012, 02:17 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Incognito
They're greasable and all steel so they should be much better than OEM. They're also sold by a vendor here, link:

EAD Offroad **New** Alloy USA Dana 30/44 Heavy Duty Ball Joint Kit
Yeah, I found them after I posted. Their price is great too. I'm going to order a set soon. Thanks.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Bump? Can anyone report how these compare to the Synergy Ball Joints or the Dynatrac Ball Joints (like side by side comparison or cutaway)? They are $100 cheaper than the synergy BJs and $300 cheaper than the Dynatrac BJs.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:37 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by tiltz
Bump? Can anyone report how these compare to the Synergy Ball Joints or the Dynatrac Ball Joints (like side by side comparison or cutaway)? They are $100 cheaper than the synergy BJs and $300 cheaper than the Dynatrac BJs.
They are full metal ball joints like the others. Miles ahead of the stock crap. That's all I'm worried about. Worth the try for the money, greaseable full metal ball joints for 160 bucks. I'm in.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:41 AM
JK Newbie

Pretty sure David at NR is getting a set to try. While I'm sure they are better than stgock, I'd like to see his thoughts on them after he gets them. The price is great compared to the other options out there though.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just installed my set a week ago. Cant comment on a comparison, but these do feel solid! No off-roading yet... and they went in pretty easy! Although the lowers came with a snap ring, which i could not install and am wondering. Since the kit appears to be for multiple vehicles, are the rings meant for the other installs?? LoL
Old 10-18-2012, 01:56 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Endocrash
I just installed my set a week ago. Cant comment on a comparison, but these do feel solid! No off-roading yet... and they went in pretty easy! Although the lowers came with a snap ring, which i could not install and am wondering. Since the kit appears to be for multiple vehicles, are the rings meant for the other installs?? LoL
I'm thinking they need to go in. The set of synergy that I saw installed used them. I would just run to a local shop and get them to pop them in for you.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:31 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Kojack
I'm thinking they need to go in. The set of synergy that I saw installed used them. I would just run to a local shop and get them to pop them in for you.
I just installed my driver side upper and lower, there's no way that circlip can go on the alloy usa ball joint, it's fully seated and I can't even see any portion of the circlip notch. Also, whoever designed the tolerance on the upper flange of the c on the axle should be flogged. I had to rig up a contraption to get the upper ball joint in because none of the standard press fittings would seat right.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had my Alloy Usa Ball Joints in for about 3 months now. They are a quality joint for the price. As far as the C Clip goes, there is no way to install them and they are probably for another application that this ball joint fits. After i was done pressing in the new joints, i'm not concerned about a c clip even if it was for the JK, it's not going anywhere.

Quick Reply: Anyone running Alloy USA ball joints?