Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is anyone running the new Old Man Emu suspension for the JK?Is anyone running the new

Old 12-27-2007, 06:43 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is anyone running the new Old Man Emu suspension for the JK?

Is anyone running the new Old Man Emu suspension for the JK?

I would love to see some pics of before/after and opinions.

Last edited by kthrash; 12-27-2007 at 06:48 AM.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:10 AM
JK Newbie

Thrash,

This one has been thrown out there before without a lot of pics getting posted up. I know there are two or three folks that have put pictures up on various posts, but not all in one place. I am finding that this site is very product frenzy driven. I assume it is because there are lots of newbies (creating new opinions) due to the creation of the 4-dr and the fact that products are scarce, so as they are developed everyone is in a hurry to move to them. You see a lot of TF BB and FT kits on this site. It seems, most have purchased from Northridge. They just ran a deal on the OME kits, so I think over the next few weeks you will see quite a few posting up about the kit with pictures (including myself). Great site, but be sure you look around at others as well. Some times group opinions become self fulfilling prophecies. I went OME, because I have never heard anything negative in my years of paying attention. Not sure I can say that about any other manufacturer. Even if they were just opinions.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:08 AM
JK Newbie

I understand what you are saying, I tried the search but it does not like the terms Old Man Emu, saying some crap about the words being too short.

Anyways, I have run OME on 4 of my past 5 Jeeps listed below. I am well versed in their quality, I was just wanting to see some pics as I have not seen any.

I have had:
01' WJ on OME suspension
04' WJ on OME Suspension
06' TJ-L on OME suspension
97' XJ on a 6" RE suspension with OME shocks

I am on the verge of ordering the following so if anyone has some pics of before/after I would still love to see them.

(2) OME619: Spring Front Heavy Load
(2) N196: Front Shock
(2) OME618: Spring Rear Heavy Load
(2) N198: Rear Shock
(1) FK37: LHD Panhard Bracket
(2) OMEJKPF10: Front Trim Spacer
Old 12-27-2007, 08:11 AM
JK Junkie

Here is a link for you...

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/ome-ft-trackbars-installed-pic-23396/
Old 12-27-2007, 08:23 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BaltChief
Thanks, thats exactly what I was looking for.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the 2" OME lift. Before and after pics:

before
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...p/DSCN7385.jpg

After
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...p/DSCN7897.jpg

Installed the following myself mid November running on 285-75/16 muds
2" OME lift HD Springs, used the trim spacers in the front to remove Rake
FT Adjustable track bar in the front
BDS rear relocation bracket
JKS Quicker disconnects
Recentered the steering wheel.

Thoughts:

I initially got 4" of lift in the front and 3.5 in the back. Was initially thrilled at the way it looked. However, after thinking about it I was not so happy. I really only wanted 2" of lift since I had purchased 33" tires and have no intentions of going higher. I also have no intentions of adding heavy bumpers. Had I waited and known about the height gain I would have opted for another smaller lift. It is my own fault. I have been told it will settle, but I wonder. Second I have concerns of premature wear in various areas due to the height. Again I have read that with the four doors it is not an issue. Guess I will have to wait and see.

Once in a while I get the esp/brake kicking in when on an expressway on or off ramp. It is just momentarily but annoying. Looking into this issue. Have e-mailed another member who is not having this issue at all so I have e-mailed the MFG and am waiting on their response.

As for the ride itself, well worth the $. Rides straight as an arrow down the road. No death wobble, no bumpsteer, no wandering at any speeds. Made a 200 mile highway trip yesterday and never anything but smooth. Smoother than stock.

I have not yet had it off road but am hoping to this weekend. We have a wall at work which I have scaled without disconnecting. I gotta believe this will perform well off road though

All in all this is a very easy install, comfortable riding suspension system. Just be advised you may get "much" more than the 2" advertised height. Again it depends on the equipment you are running. I also got the HD springs. Not sure what the med duty springs would give you height wise. I don't think anyone will be dis-appointed with the ride.

If, in my own mind, I could forget about the possible premature wear possibilities I would be a happy camper.

hope this helps. Any further info I can give, please ask.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:45 AM
JK Newbie

Some Before Pics of mine:

and

and

While this is what it looked like AFTER:

and

and

Hope it helps!

Still waiting on my wheels and tires, so more pics will be uploaded afte that...
Old 12-27-2007, 08:49 AM
JK Newbie

did you install the trackbar brackets?
Old 12-27-2007, 08:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have not installed mine yet, but be advised, if you have a Rubi, you will not get 4". If you do some more searching people have posted their exact height gain after the lift...cant find the post right now. Search "OME install".

good luck...I just cant seem to get the time to install mine but have had OME lifts in the past and never been disappointed.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:36 AM
0o7
JK Newbie

Mine w/ OME next to my buddy's stock rubi.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/compare-stock-rubi-vs-ome-rubi-22705/

Quick Reply: Is anyone running the new Old Man Emu suspension for the JK?Is anyone running the new