Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ARB locker problem?

Old 06-09-2019, 12:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ARB locker problem?

I have a 2015 JKU. I put ARB lockers front and back about four months ago. I finally did some off roading and I noticed when I started bouncing around the air compressor would come on for a few seconds then shut off. Sitting still or flat ground traveling it would stay off. is that normal?
Old 06-10-2019, 07:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Some more details would be beneficial. Are you running the compressor to a manifold feeding the solenoids only, or do you have a tank in the mix? Have you taken soap and water with the system pressured up and leak checked your connections? Did the lockers operate like they were supposed to? I'd start with the easy components first before digging into axles.
Old 06-12-2019, 07:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Could be a couple issues.

If it is only leaking when you are moving then we know it's probably at the o-rings. Could be a nick or tear in the o-ring that is opening up as it moves.

Since it only happens when you are bouncing, it's happening under a big load, so best guess is there's not enough preload on the ARB side bearings and the unit is moving under load, burping air. They need to be tight in there, if you can pull the Air Locker out by hand, then it's too loose.

Last edited by Tech Tim; 06-14-2019 at 12:19 PM.
Old 06-13-2019, 03:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jordy
Some more details would be beneficial. Are you running the compressor to a manifold feeding the solenoids only, or do you have a tank in the mix? Have you taken soap and water with the system pressured up and leak checked your connections? Did the lockers operate like they were supposed to? I'd start with the easy components first before digging into axles.
No tank in the system. The solenoids are straight out of the manifold.
Old 06-13-2019, 03:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tech Tim
Could be a couple issues.

If it is only leaking when you are moving than we know it's probably at the o-rings. Could be a nick or tear in the o-ring that is opening up as it moves.

Since it only happens when you are bouncing, it's happening under a big load, so best guess is there's not enough preload on the ARB side bearings and the unit is moving under load, burping air. They need to be tight in there, if you can pull the Air Locker out by hand, then it's too loose.
Thank you!
The following users liked this post:
Tech Tim (06-14-2019)

Quick Reply: ARB locker problem?