Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ARB Lockers - Any details/materials on air lines

Old 12-21-2017, 05:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default ARB Lockers - Any details/materials on air lines

I am awaiting delivery of new axles that will have ARB lockers. I wanted to see if anyone could offer any specific details on the air lines in regards to fittings, different material lines, connections, routing, etc.

For example, air lines you would recommend over the factory ones, any special or different fittings you would recommend, any tips on routing the lines, etc., etc.?

Any information, suggestions, or recommendations is appreciated. Please be as specific as possible.
Old 12-21-2017, 05:51 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,820 Likes on 1,590 Posts

Routing the lines will depend on location of the compressor, but isn't any different than if you were running electric to an e-locker. Just make sure you zip tie the hose out of harms way, and make sure you leave enough slack at the diff to account for full articulation. Will your compressor be in the engine bay or inside the cab?
Old 12-21-2017, 10:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by resharp001
Routing the lines will depend on location of the compressor, but isn't any different than if you were running electric to an e-locker. Just make sure you zip tie the hose out of harms way, and make sure you leave enough slack at the diff to account for full articulation. Will your compressor be in the engine bay or inside the cab?
It will be mounted in the engine bay.
Old 12-21-2017, 02:54 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

I've been running an ARB and a Zip for maybe 6 years, no issues with the supplied air lines for either. (other than the installer running the front line too close to the exhaust and melting it...) I don't recall seeing any posts about non-mfg supplied upgraded air lines, but ARB sells a heavy duty air line kit.
Old 12-21-2017, 06:51 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Russell makes SS lines for the ARB install. 634510 and 634520 are the parts numbers.
The following users liked this post:
NevadaZielmeister (12-23-2017)
Old 12-22-2017, 02:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ARB now offer stainless steel lines that use JIC-4 fittings. They're remarkably inexpensive. Check here- http://www.arbusa.com/Uploads/PDF/ne...ir_Systems.pdf
New Air Lockers have a new bulkhead fitting kit and larger air lines. The blue 5mm line has been replaced with black 6mm line. The new line is more rigid and is more heat resistant. The new bulkhead kit can make the line come straight out or go at a 90* angle on a banjo style fitting.
The following users liked this post:
NevadaZielmeister (12-23-2017)
Old 12-23-2017, 09:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Having used many ARB lockers in different vehicles and different terrain, I would not use the stainless braided lines. Should they get snagged on something (and they have) they will break or pull a fitting out. The blue or black line will break, melt, or pull out of the quick connector. These lines are very inexpensive and very easy to replace, splice or otherwise repair. And take up little room in your toolbox.
Old 12-25-2017, 08:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For routing i ran both front and rear supplied lines through sprinkler hose that was slightly larger than the ARB line. Ease of install and a bit of abrasion resistance. my manifold and solenoids are under the hood. For the rear I went across the firewall, down behind passenger side fender and then followed across fuel tank and near the lines for my relocated evap. Almost a year installed with no issues.
The front follows the breather tube and upper control arm same tube in tube sheathing routing as well.
Old 12-26-2017, 12:19 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

what length for the braided ARB hoses, 1.5 and 3 meter?
Old 12-26-2017, 04:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ran ARB blue air lines on my last rig for over 15 years without a problem. I ran my lines with the factory brake lines since they put them in a safe location.

Quick Reply: ARB Lockers - Any details/materials on air lines