Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ARB RTT VS. Mombasa RTT Overland+

Old 01-13-2011, 12:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ARB RTT VS. Mombasa RTT Overland+

I have been researching and reading as much info as I can find on the ARB Simpson iii tent and the Mombasa Overland which seem like they are almost identical tents with different fabric comming out of the same manufacturing facility. I have 3 questions about these:

1.) Are either of these tents smaller when closed? I know sometimes the Mombasa will be listed as being 12" high when closed, but I believe it is closer to the 15" with the ladder just like the ARB. Let me know if you know exactly so I can hopefully keep parking where I currently do, the 15" puts me right at the max height of where I park.

2.) I have a gobi rack, does the bottom of the RTT sit directly on the top of the rack or is there some space inbetween the rack and the tent that makes the Tent sit higher.

3.) Is it worth the extra money on the ARB? Possibly the fabric, zippers or cover are that much better.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:38 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've decided to go ARB cause I know the quality is there. I asked the question about how it mounts to the Gobi to another member. The tent mounts to to the rails on the Gobi. It doesn't sit on the mesh. So basically add another 2-3" onto the height of the folded tent.

Quick Reply: ARB RTT VS. Mombasa RTT Overland+