Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aries product thoughts?

Old 07-05-2017, 06:11 AM
Super Moderator

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts
Default Aries product thoughts?

ARIES Automotive | ARIES Automotive

Anyone have experience with any of their products? Are they a new kid on the block aftermarket vendor? I've been on these forums and have never heard anyone mention Aries before. I tried to find some history about them and they seem to have been around since 1990.

I was shopping around for some rear tube doors, getting ready for a trip to Silver Lake sand dunes and thought having some rear tube doors on, would likely make me and the wife riding with the 5y/o kid in the back feel a little more comfortable. While shopping I ran across their tube doors which I really liked the design, functionality, and most of all the price.

I ended up ordering a set of their rear tube doors off of Amazon. $263 for the set. They're made of aluminum, have a nice latch, and I didn't have to buy additional netting for some added tree branch protection, and what I've read from reviews is their powder coating is tough as nails.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

What I also read is that their stuff is made in the USA, and when doing some comparison shopping, I found their prices were lower than some of the Made in China competitive product offerings. It seemed too good to be true. Made in the USA, and cost less than China parts? That seems like a win/win to me and a very welcome surprise.

So I started looking through their other product offerings such as bumpers, side rails, and fender flares. I really like their styling, it seems more focused on fit and functionality, with a simple look which is what I personally prefer. I really like the price of their aluminum fender flares and styling as well. It reminded me a lot of the MC flares, minus the MC high price tags.

I may have found my new favorite aftermarket vendor.

I haven't received my doors yet. I'll let you know what I think once I do.

Any thoughts? Anyone purchase their products, and what are your impressions?
Old 07-05-2017, 09:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

When I first got my Jeep I thought that the Airies products looked pretty good (2012). However their pricing didn't really make sense. They were dirt cheap on some products and sky high on others. I had to go through a local dealer who around here like to keep prices hidden. Since I am terrible at negotiating I gave up and went with other products.
Old 07-05-2017, 11:19 AM
Super Moderator

Most of their stuff looks like it is available on Amazon, so no hidden prices any longer if that was the case in the past.

I was also looking at their step rails. For the price, they seem pretty good. I've been waiting on the LOD Destroyers rock slider steps to come out but I think these are now my backup plan. $273 for a set, it seems like a great option.

Old 07-27-2017, 04:55 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you get those doors yet? I'm curious to hear your thoughts.
I've been eyeing their flares for a while now and pretty close to pulling the trigger.
Old 07-27-2017, 11:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the look of their fender flares, but the one set I've seen installed didn't have any bracing that tied into the tub of the Jeep like Poison Spyder and the new Bushwacker aluminum flares. So my thought, If you are buying them for looks alone, then you could save some money, but if you intend to use your Jeep, then I'd recommend Bushwacker or PS for the extra strength they add with their additional bracketry.
Old 07-30-2017, 04:59 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jgraz
Did you get those doors yet? I'm curious to hear your thoughts.
I've been eyeing their flares for a while now and pretty close to pulling the trigger.
I did get the doors and have used them a few times already. They seem like a solid quality product, where I'm already considering getting the matching fronts which are now $265 for the front set. They fit my needs perfectly which were made of Aluminum (no rust, light weight), No rattles, center area protection without having to purchase additional webbing, solid build, look nice, locking latch which could open the doors from the inside or out.

I originally thought having lockable latches on a tube door seemed silly to me for theft prevention purposes. However, what I soon learned is that it's a great feature to have if you think more along the lines of a rear seat child safety locks. Locking the doors prevents the kids from being able to open the doors from the inside while in motion.

The ONLY thing that has been disappointing is that I had read that the Aries products were made in the USA. I learned that to not be the case when I received the rear doors, since the box clearly said made in China on it. So I guess, it was a too good to be true scenario of them being made in the USA while being competitively priced against the other made in China offerings.

If I was in the need of fenders, I would purchase the Aries. Here are some responses in regards to the Aries fenders I received in the same discussion on another forum.

Originally Posted by Anthony k
A close friend and I have their aluminum tube fenders. No issues with them at all
Originally Posted by Carlton_Banks
I have their aluminum fender flares. I love them. Light and no rust. Online they said made in America. In the box that arrived it said made in China...
Originally Posted by Eagle Jk
I also have their aluminum fenders. For the price they can't be beat.
Originally Posted by artfuentes
I have their metal flares and they are well built and great powder coating.....
Here are the rears installed. They are great, for the price they are hard to beat the quality/looks.

Last edited by Rednroll; 07-30-2017 at 05:20 AM.
Old 07-30-2017, 02:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went out on a limb and bought their front and rear fender flares. They look great IMO, they rivet (if you want to call it that) to the body in the original fender holes there, and bolt to the original brackets on the bottom middle of the fenders. I have taken them up and down firebreaks and up and down Uwharrie over the rocks/big A$$ rocks they have there with 0 issues! Lord knows I treat my Jeep like the toy it is but these things are holding up!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG2240.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	586.1 KB
ID:	673747  
The following users liked this post:
T Marple (02-16-2020)
Old 07-30-2017, 02:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

They look like a decent flare, but the ones I have seen leave a little to be desired in the fit and finish department. The welds were rather disappointing, although most of them are hidden. But details matter a lot to me. If those details are skipped, then what else was skipped. But I don't own them, so these observations were just quick.

I will say, in general, when you mount a steel flare to the sheet metal of the fender, without anything backing it up (like JCR and PS do) then I think you've moved the weak point to the wrong part of the Jeep. If I were to run these, I'd look to fabricate a set of brackets to do the same.
Old 08-02-2017, 02:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bought the flares. Total junk sent them back immediately and went with Nemisis.
Old 08-10-2017, 04:31 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have them and they fit perfectly.

Quick Reply: Aries product thoughts?